What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ??
  Re: (...)
We wrap it again and give it next year!! Nobody eats them and they last forever!! Everybody dreads getting the small heavy package--it's the dreaded fruitcake!!!!! Someone will get it next year.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ?? by Old Bay (We wrap it again and...)
My mother suggested I send my SS a fruit cake. She said there was a place close by that made a really good one. Secret Santa, you will be glad to discover I did NOT take her advice...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ?? by Gourmet_Mom (My mother suggested ...)
Doorstop.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ?? by labradors (Doorstop....)
Bait? But for what I have no clue
  Re: Re: What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ?? by DFen911 (Bait? But for what I...)
Quote:

Bait? But for what I have no clue

Fruit bats?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We eat it! I've never been a fan, but he loves fruitcake and made 2 this year. I wanted him to make them in small individual pans, but he made them in tube pans. I have to admit, they are really good. We are eating one, the other is soaking in brandy to be portioned out and given away. But, yes, they could be used as a doorstop.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ?? by Lorraine (We eat it! [img]/u...)
I had one fruitcake recipe years ago that I really liked and lost it, so never made another one.

But then, I always thought there was only one fruitcake that has been sent around the world for centuries....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ?? by cjs (I had one fruitcake ...)
I agree with Labs, - varnish and use for a doorstop
  Re: Re: What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ?? by (I agree with Labs, -...)
Oh, I don't think it would need varnishing...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What Do You Do With A Christmas Fruitcake ?? by cjs (I had one fruitcake ...)
MY mother had a recipe for a "white fruitcake" that was amazing. Everyone loved it. I've lost the recipe. I have a really good sourdough one in Ruth Allman's sourdough book, but that's still packed in the wood shop somewhere. Poop!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!