A Couple of Christmas Presents
  Re: (...)
Roy didn't want to cart this pkg. all the way to Oregon, so I had my choice of opening it early or waiting until I got home. AND, since I knew what it was and wanted to be able to show the kids pictures of it, I opened it last night.

Last summer I saw a picture in my Sister's studio that I just loved - it was of a garden area that looked so much like what we had done in our courtyard, I couldn't believe it. And she had never seen the courtyard before she painted this picture, that's what was so surprising. Anyway, Roy got it for me for Christmas. I just love it -

[Image: JOANSPIX.jpg]
We even have two large planters similar to the large one.

and this one - when my 43 year old son was seven, our beloved neighbor (who died years too early!) took this picture of him doing a wheelie on his bike and printed it into a poster. Well, I've carried this poor thing around rolled up, pushed in boxes, etc. since then from house to house always thinking I would get it framed for him one day. One day finally came, and I had it done this year. It's such a wonderful picture of him and now I don't know if I want to give it to him yet or not. I just had it matted, Roy will be making a frame for it.

[Image: MATTIESWHEELIE.jpg]

I'm finally getting into the Christmas spririt I think - at least I'm sure getting sentimental....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Couple of Christmas Presents by cjs (Roy didn't want to c...)
Those are wonderful, Jean! I LOVE the garden scene! You said you saw it in her gallery...did she paint it or does she feature other artists? That's quite a coincidence either way!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Couple of Christmas Presents by Gourmet_Mom (Those are wonderful,...)
It was in Joan's studio at home - she's really a great little artist.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Couple of Christmas Presents by cjs (It was in Joan's stu...)
a very lovely painting, Jean - what a special gift -
  Re: Re: A Couple of Christmas Presents by (a very lovely painti...)
Very nice!

One of the websites I've designed is for the gallery belonging to some friends. In fact, I was just there, yesterday, to go over the many changes I'll be making to add a "shopping cart," so people will be able to buy the artwork using PayPal. A couple of the artists have some really weird stuff, but much of the art, there, is very beautiful.

There will be a lot of changes, implementing the shopping cart and using brighter colours, but you can see the current version of things at the Piq' Art Gallery site. Myriam Piquion - the owner and one of the artists - is originally from Haiti, but married her husband in Canada, and they now live down here. More details are on the site, including information about each artist (at least the ones for whom they have typed in something, so far).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A Couple of Christmas Presents by labradors (Very nice![br][br]On...)
Very nice Labs! I love some of the colors!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Couple of Christmas Presents by Gourmet_Mom (Very nice Labs! I l...)
Jean that painting is beautiful. Wow very talented lady there

And the picture is just too precious. Gosh what a neat idea.
  Re: Re: A Couple of Christmas Presents by DFen911 (Jean that painting i...)
Jean, I love the painting! Your story just makes me smile from ear to ear. This is what I love about Christmas. What a thoughtful idea for your son as well. Might have to borrow that idea one day! Thanks for sharing it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."