French Cuisine
  Re: (...)
Hi All,

Aside form Julia Child's Mastering of French Cuisine ...what is your favorite French Cuisine Cookbook. I love Julia Childs recipes but by the time you make even the simplest thing...most of the kitchen is destroyed with dirty pots and pans. Have any suggestions for an easier book?

Thanks
  Re: French Cuisine by piano226 (Hi All,[br][br]Aside...)
I don't have any, but will be really anxious to see if anyone has any suggestions for you!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: French Cuisine by esgunn (I don't have any, bu...)
I have "Adventures In French Cooking" by Miriam Guidroz (1970). It has some great basic recipes. I picked it up at a yard sale years ago, and refer to it often.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: French Cuisine by Lorraine (I have "Adventures I...)
At first, I thought, I don't own a French Cuisine cookbook. But on reflection, I guess you could say I do, if you consider Jacques Pepin's Fast Food My Way, French Cuisine. If I'm thinking correctly, he took some of his favorite home recipes and simplified them, keeping all the flavor. I have tried several of the recipes and have been very happy with the book. I really want to get more of his books.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: French Cuisine by Lorraine (I have "Adventures I...)
The only other French things I have are Patricia Wells at Home in Provence and Jacques Pepin's Simple and Healthy Cooking, but I haven't even seen those in a while, since they are back in the States.

Although I haven't made a lot from those, I have made a few things. One that was particularly interesting was the recipe for Crêpe Purses with Mushroom Duxelles. For that, freshly made crêpes were filled with duxelles, then the edges were gathered up and ribbons of green-onions were tied around them to form a money-bag-style purse. That was from the Pepin book.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: French Cuisine by labradors (The only other Frenc...)
Jacques Pepin, Patricia Wells, Pierre Franey (sp? - I'm not home), horsepuckie, can't remember the others I have that I like.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: French Cuisine by cjs (Jacques Pepin, Patri...)
Jean, I have Pierre Franey Cooks With Friends--love it --not really basic though. I also have Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home--a wonderful loving debate over nuances in basic French cooking!! It is educational AND fun!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: French Cuisine by Old Bay (Jean, I have Pierre ...)
Have both and I agree what fun they are!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com