New Years Cookies
  Re: (...)
Hi everyone. On the heals of a wonderful Christmas Eve Dinner, I've started making cookies for a New Year's Cruise. I'm paying homage to my mother and all the baking she did when I was a kid, and will be making Jewish and Italian cookies.

I've already made the Mandel Bread. This is a Jewish cookie that is first baked as a loaf, then chilled, sliced and baked again until golden and crispy.

This weekend I'll make the Rugelach, a crescent-shaped rolled Jewish pastry containing cinnamon and raisons.

And already in the freezer is a batch of Pizzelle, a thin round Italian cookie that looks like a flat waffle. I couldn't find a Pizzelle machine in Bangkok, so I had mine sent from the USA and I'm using a transformer to get it to work.

I will post photos of all the cookies when everything is done. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Andy
  Re: New Years Cookies by macnmotion (Hi everyone. On the ...)
OHHHH!!!! Rugelach---on my New Year menu as well!!!! YUMMM!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: New Years Cookies by Roxanne 21 (OHHHH!!!! Rugelach...)
I am eating the Rugelah I made now, Ina's recipe except I use apricot preserves, chopped apricots and pecans. I spaced and mixed the preserves with the fruit, but still tastes great. I didn't get to make all the goodies I wanted for Christmas, so will be making some for New Year's as well.
  Re: Re: New Years Cookies by Cubangirl (I am eating the Ruge...)
Yummmmm! Love rugelach! Could you email some? LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New Years Cookies by labradors (Yummmmm! Love rugel...)
LOL, if I could only send cookies electronically!! The apricot preserves sound wonderful!!

I've decided to make Chocolate Crinkles as well! I need a diet!