Help in Toasting Blanched Slice Almonds!
  Re: (...)
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I'm getting my Christmas dinner ready for my MIL who is so excited to be coming over. I kept hounding her about some special dish she would like to have, and she finally came up with green bean amandine (almonds). So I couldn't find slivered almonds, but came up with slice blanched ones.

My question is, how long to toast the sliced almonds? In butter - yes, no? Help?

And for dessert we're having - Pineapple Crisp!!! She's never had it so this is going to thrill her! Oh yeah, thanks again Jean!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Help in Toasting Blanched Slice Almonds! by BarbaraS (Merry Christmas Ever...)
I put them into a pan over med high heat and keep tossing them. I do not add any oil or butter. Once they are a nice toasty color (keep moving them or they burn fast) remove them from the pan and put on a plate or they over cook.

Almonds have a lot of natural oils so need to add extra
  Re: Re: Help in Toasting Blanched Slice Almonds! by DFen911 (I put them into a pa...)
Thanks! I thought so, I'll just have to mind the pan.

Then after the green beans are done, I just add the almonds.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Help in Toasting Blanched Slice Almonds! by BarbaraS (Thanks! I thought s...)
Yep or you can spread them out on a cookie sheet and put into a 350 oven for about 15-20 min. But again keep an eye on them, once they start browning it goes pretty quick.
  Re: Re: Help in Toasting Blanched Slice Almonds! by DFen911 (Yep or you can sprea...)
Gotcha!! Thanks!!

Barbara<~~~armed and ready
  Re: Re: Help in Toasting Blanched Slice Almonds! by BarbaraS (Gotcha!! Thanks!![b...)
I do them like Denise, in a pan, but I like to add butter. Have fun, Barbara!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Help in Toasting Blanched Slice Almonds! by Lorraine (I do them like Denis...)
Dry pan - same as for cumin, etc. Otherwise, depending upon the amount of butter used and the size of the slices, you'd be either sautéing them or deep frying them, rather than just toasting them.

Again: keep an eye on them!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?