Favorite Christmas Present?
  Re: (...)
So All,

What did you get and favor the most? Santa brought me a Food Saver, model V3840. He said he got a great deal on it online at foodsaver.com as he called during a two-day sale. I just sealed up 3 turkey leftovers and one pot roast I'll do in the future. It is way cool!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Favorite Christmas Present? by BarbaraS (So All,[br][br]What ...)
Oh, that's a great present, Barbara - I don't think we could exist without the foodsaver! - I know you are going to enjoy it.
  Re: Favorite Christmas Present? by BarbaraS (So All,[br][br]What ...)
Jane gave me a Shun Bob Kramer 8" chefs knife. OMG, it falls thru ripe tomatoes, lemons, onions--I think Kramer hacks thru bolts and 2"x4"'s with his--I will never do that with mine!! I think she likes me!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Present? by Old Bay (Jane gave me a Shun ...)
(I think she does too!! ) I know this sounds corny, but my favorite gift was giving our very own great-grandson his very first Red Flyer wagon!!!!! You should have seen him. And you will when I get home tomorrow and get organized.

We're in Salem, OR for the night and will head out in the a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Present? by cjs ((I think she does to...)
Nice gift Bill!

Barbara, you're gonna LOVE your FoodSaver. I don't know what I'd do without mine!

Mine isn't here yet...I'm getting an immersion blender. (Decided to wait on the grinder. The smokehouse isn't finished yet, anyway. The grinder is on for birthdays. Ours are 15 days apart.) I, also, REALLY like my Microplane coarse grater...sharp as heck! It makes grating cheese a cinch!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Present? by Gourmet_Mom (Nice gift Bill![br][...)
I think my favorite gift is this silky,colorful apron with beads that my son-in-law gave me for Christmas. I feel so pretty in it! It really is sort of silly, but oh so fun. I had my daughter take a photo of me cooking Christmas dinner in it.....now to get those photos uploaded.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Present? by chef_Tab (I think my favorite ...)
Theresa, that apron sounds very cool!

No "hands down" favorite gift, here. My splurge-request was for a new food processor and Santa delivered. My Cuisinart is 20+ years old, has lost a lid latch so I have to physically hold it down when it runs or it will switch off, and the bowl is cracked so I can't process anything too liquid. I guess that it was time. Luckily I can take the old one to the lake house to use and not feel as though I'm throwing away something still usable, and my primary one will now be my new 9-cup chrome Kitchen Aid!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Present? by foodfiend (Theresa, that apron ...)
We had a very low key Christmas this year (our main gift was a new receiver to replace the noisy one in the bedroom) so I was really happy with my cooking gifts. DH gave me Miss Vickie Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes and the newest Mark Bittman How to Cook Everything (both on my wish list). DS got me a container each of white and black truffle butter (plus a great bottle of Pinot Grigio). and DD gave me the cutest molecular gastronomy kit. It has recipes, pipettes, bored spoon, syringe, tubing, tiny measuring spoons (dash, smidgen and pinch) and envelopes with things like agar-agar, citric acid, ascorbic acic, xanthan gum, etc. all in a nice tin box. It will be fun to make fake caviar eggs and the like.

Barbara, you will love the foodsaver. If you are a wine drinker, get the little stoppers for wine.

I had put the new Cuisinart 16 cup from WS on my list, but didn't really expect to get it. My 14 cup is about 8 years old and in perfect condition (I just wanted the new model). DD has my original 14 cup, which is 32 years old today, and still works like new (with a bowl replacement and lid replacement about 15 years ago.) I am not even sure the new one would fit under my cabinets and my rule is that the FP, KA and the food saver have to be in the counter for easy use.
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Present? by chef_Tab (I think my favorite ...)
can't wait to see a photo - I love aprons
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Present? by (can't wait to see a ...)
Oh, I did get a tortilla press also. One thing I did not get, and for the first time forever, I think - not one cookbook....what's happening with this world?

Now, I see Nigella has a new one out, so, guess I'll buy it for my own self.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com