Cuisine Light?????
  Re: (...)
Wow, what perfect timing! Came home to the new issue (#79) of C@H and the cover is advertising another special book - Cuisine Light. 80 new recipes all under 400 cal - no mention of fat/cholesterol tho (on the cover anyway).
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cuisine Light????? by cjs (Wow, what perfect ti...)
Geez! And here I've JUST gotten the Slow Cooker one...dog earred darn near half the book, too! Guess I'll mix it up a little. William won't have a thing to say about me getting THIS one, I bet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cuisine Light????? by Gourmet_Mom (Geez! And here I've...)
Thanks for mentioning it, Jean. I haven't bought a new cookbook in a couple of months and this sounds like a good one.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Cuisine Light????? by foodfiend (Thanks for mentionin...)
I ended up giving my copy of the SlowCooker one to my granddaughter (with her new slowcooker), so I'm s.o.l. Guess I'll order both.

By the way, there are a few interesting recipes in the new issue -
Five-Jewel-Rice-Stuffed Chix breast w/hot sour sauce
Peruvian Grilled Chix w/tomato rice
Sausage & Fennel Orzotto

I'll probably have to try at least these three. (geez, can't count either )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cuisine Light????? by cjs (I ended up giving my...)
Those do sound like good recipes. I just got my new issue yesterday, so will have to go check it out.

I like the sound of Cuisine Light. Think I'll be ordering that one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cuisine Light????? by Mare749 (Those do sound like ...)
I guess I need to go to the PO.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cuisine Light????? by Gourmet_Mom (I guess I need to go...)
I'm going to look for the Cuisine Light at Sam's in the next couple of weeks and get it there. I'm trying the beef and orange stir fry tonight. Also thought the Moussaka, Five-Jewel-Rice-Stuffed chicken breasts, Greek Egg-Lemon Soup, and Suquet sounded good to me.
  Re: Re: Cuisine Light????? by HomeCulinarian (I'm going to look fo...)
WWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA----I'm still waiting for Issue 78!!! Having trouble with the change of postal address with the powers to be----I JUST KNOW that this will be resolved sooner than later!!!

Gotta look at the Cuisine Light issue----thanks for the heads up on that!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Cuisine Light????? by Roxanne 21 (WWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA...)
Last week I noticed Sams just started selling the slow cooker book, so hopefully this light cook book is not far behind!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Cuisine Light????? by chef_Tab (Last week I noticed ...)
Just thought I'd mention that I picked up this book at Costco tonight. Looked at Sam's yesterday, but they did not have it yet. It looks great! A lot of recipes I am interested in making. Thought I should start and the beginning and just work through it. Only a couple that look familiar, or they are lightened up versions.

Can't wait to get into it more - wish hubby was home so I could cook for him.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.