A Cruise For All
  Re: (...)
I know this is frivolous, but Jane & I have spent three years surviving cancer. We're in our mid sixties and want to be active and do all we can in the next few years, even if it means using a few saved assets--in that spirit, and with the knowledge that this little group is so special and close, personally and on the web-----I invite you to consider--
We have booked a cruise on Holland America leaving Quebec on 9/16/10 and docking in NYC on 9/26. It has vistas of folage and great food--lobster, crab, blueberries--OMG--a cruise does not require intamice(sp)--dine together and tour together when you wish--might be a great way to meet--how about once a year--next year Alaska or go south--anyone interested??
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: A Cruise For All by Old Bay (I know this is frivo...)
Bill, this is not frivolous! Surviving cancer is a BIG deal! I am definitely running this by William! I have NEVER been on a cruise and he keeps promising...gotta get the kids off the payroll, ya know. But if things continue to turn around, this sounds wonderful. I've never been to New England or NYC (he has) either! He wouldn't appreciate a Caribbean cruise, so I've given up on that, but he has talked about Alaska a lot, so I know he's not against a cruise.

Got it bookmarked and our 30th wedding anniversary is in August. AND this will be 8 years since William learned of his brain tumors....sounds like a good argument to me...right?
  Re: Re: A Cruise For All by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, this is not fr...)
Bill - that sounds like a blast. We wouldn't be able to make it for a couple of years, though. We're saving for our 25th anniversary trip to Italy in 2011.
  Re: Re: A Cruise For All by HomeCulinarian (Bill - that sounds l...)
Oh, doesn't that sound like fun!! We've taken one cruise, years ago and we loved it. Went to Mexico on Sitmar lines (don't think they are even in business any longer) and ran into Hurricane Lisa....what a trip!!

But, I think our biggie trip of 2010 is to your backyard!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Cruise For All by Old Bay (I know this is frivo...)
Bill,

You're going to love that cruise! And you and Jane totally deserve it!

As it happens, hubby and I are cruising to Alaska this May. We're still not decided on the final itinerary, but it looks like we're leaving from Seattle and hitting 3 cities.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: A Cruise For All by BarbaraS (Bill,[br][br]You're ...)
Barbara, you'll be sailing right by our house!!! Two years ago (that long already???), Bill & Jane cruised to Alaska and stopped and visited us for a couple days. We had a ball.

Hope you will think about adding us to your itinerary - we'd love to meet you. (Check with Bill and Jane to know we (Roy & I) aren't wierdos.....well,....... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Cruise For All by cjs (Barbara, you'll be s...)
Jean,

We'll be going over our options this weekend. The problem with cruises (for me, that is) is that there are sooooo many options and excursions, I get totally overwhelmed.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: A Cruise For All by BarbaraS (Jean,[br][br]We'll b...)
Bill--that sounds like soooo much fun!!!! I sure wish we could be closer to the States---we might be able to do that!!!

HOW ABOUT a cruise to South Africa???? Something to think about----you will love Cape Town---cruises are coming in here frequently! And the monetary exchange is pretty good!!! GREAT wine country!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: A Cruise For All by cjs (Oh, doesn't that sou...)
Jean, what a coincidence. Our first Cruise was on Sitmar also. When you said many years ago you weren't kidding. They were bought out by Princess about 25 years ago. Our first 2 cruises were on Sitmar, the first was the year we turned 50 and the second the following year. Now we have been on about 18 or 19. They are a great way to travel!
Shirley
  Re: Re: A Cruise For All by BarbaraS (Jean,[br][br]We'll b...)
Barbara, Jean & Roy are not weird, a lot of fun, great hosts, AND you will eat well!! We hope they visit us in December!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".