Wednesday Dinner??
  Re: (...)
What are you all up to for dinner tonight?

We're meeting frieds for lunch, so will probably ruin our dinners - this means leftovers...again!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner?? by cjs (What are you all up ...)
I am clueless about dinner tonight.

I have a 2 1/2 pound package of ground beef in my fridge that I will have to use. So, backyard burgers or sheppard's pie or tacos I guess. I have the time today so I could do something spectacular if I had the inspiration.

Today's cleaning mission is to clean the fridge, to take everything out of it, and clean it ~ so, maybe something in there will inspire me. I have a feeling it's going to be like getting a bad basket of secret ingredients on that show "Chopped." Only I have no professional training or experience.

I have a quick question. Is there a way to post pictures here?

Mrs. B
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner?? by mrsbushaxe (I am clueless about ...)
You could make the C@H basic meat balls - they are so good and either have them in pasta or the soup or the subs (my favorite). Or the cheeseburger soup is also very good. The salisbury steak with french onion soup sauce (not the exact title but close) is also very good.

All done with ground beef.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner?? by esgunn (You could make the [...)
Mrs B, a while ago this thread came up about posting photos onto the forum and I saved it and refer to it whenever I post a picture:

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...&PHPSESSID=
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner?? by chef_Tab (Mrs B, a while ago t...)
I guess it will be the old standby Pasta Fajioli, with zuke over rotini.
When James is working evenings, we have the main meal for a late lunch. It is boring and we can't drink wine either. My least favorite shift

At least it's not a meal the requires strong chewing ...peh
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner?? by farnfam (I guess it will be t...)
All I know is it will have chicken breasts in it. Other than that no clue. Oh maybe roasted cauliflower too.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner?? by DFen911 (All I know is it wil...)
Denise, have you tried the Coffee-Cinnamon rub on chicken? It's so good.

1 Tablespoon Saigon Cinnamon
2 teaspoons cocoa
2 teaspoons Instant Espresso powder
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 cloves of garlic, very finely chopped

Mixed it all together, and rubbed it under the skin (or just on skinless pieces) of one of the chickens. Let it sit that way for about 2 hours.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner?? by cjs (Denise, have you tri...)
Yeah, Cis is back! sorry your tooth still hurts.

Still don't know about dinner. My car is in the garage and I am trying to work up the motivation to take a bus out to retrieve it. The head cold is still strong and all I want to do is sleep. Doesn't anyone want to make me some chicken soup?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner?? by esgunn (You could make the [...)
Thanks Erin. I'm on it!

Meatballs will be going into the oven soon. I adapted the C @ H recipe using what I had on hand (Penzy's Italian seasonings) and made the meatballs one inch diameter instead of two using a small scooper to get them uniform size. I also used Romano instead of Parmesan cheese.

I will serve them with spaghetti squash and sauce tonight and freeze the rest of them for soup, subs, etc in the future.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner?? by chef_Tab (Yeah, Cis is back! s...)
Theresa, I made some chicken soup this week-end but you are so far away!