Black Bean Shooter with Prawn
  Re: (...)
Well, I know I posted the picture and recipe for this a while back, 'cause Denise made fun of it...

Made it yesterday and served two ways - also used my own black bean soup recipe and cooked the prawns my favorite way (fast, hot roasting)
[Image: BBSHOOTERWPRAWN.jpg]
and
[Image: BBSOUPWPRAWN.jpg]

This is really very good and it was a pretty offering also. Boy, are we getting our fiber these days!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn by cjs (Well, I know I poste...)
Ok the one in the glass still looks like a chocolate shake

Now the one in the small bowl I can understand. Just need a sprig of cilantro and I'd slurp that down in a second Well maybe not the shrimp, might have to chew that and not slurp it.
  Re: Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn by DFen911 (Ok the one in the gl...)
I did roast the prawn in oil, s&p and cilantro - they were great.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn by cjs (Well, I know I poste...)
I think both are very pretty. Very nice Jean.

I love seeing how others present their dishes. Like on Iron Chef, they are so creative. I wish I had access to all those different dish styles.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn by luvnit (I think both are ver...)
Looks great, Jean. In the summer he does a Gazpacho Shooter with prawn. This could be his winter version!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn by Lorraine (Looks great, Jean. ...)
This looks really good, Jean! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn by Gourmet_Mom (This looks really go...)
It does look good, and at the risk of showing my stupid side, do you dip the shrimp into the bean shooter, or just eat on the side?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn by chef_Tab (It does look good, a...)
I don't know what the "proper" way of eating this is, but I'd be dipping! MMMMMM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn by Gourmet_Mom (I don't know what th...)
Well, truth be told - the one with the bowl, I just did for the picture then I dumped the soup back in the container and did the version in the stemmed glasses.

That one, we took a bite of the prawn and then a sip of the soup - so, we drank it. Worked great!
www.achefsjourney.com