Thursday Dinner???
  Re: (...)
Almost forgot to ask this! What's up for dinner tonight?

We're having Couscous dumplings - part of a recipe from Issue #32, with a doctored marinara sauce. and I guess a green salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner??? by cjs (Almost forgot to ask...)
Not sure what to have yet. We have leftover stroganoff. But I really want to make chicken enchiladas. They are one of my son's favorites. He calls them Chicken Yodas. Because of the Star Wars characters. He started calling them that when he was three and so now that's what we call them.

Probably stroganoff tonight and Chicken Yodas tomorrow!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner??? by luvnit (Not sure what to hav...)
Beef stew, it's cold and dark here.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner??? by Lorraine (Beef stew, it's cold...)
"He started calling them that when he was three and so now that's what we call them." - that's funny. And like your son, mine named fried rice "Choo-Choo Train rice" who the heck knows why.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner??? by cjs ("He started calling ...)
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore. A slightly modified recipe from the C@H slow cooker book - only because of what I have on hand.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner??? by esgunn (Slow Cooker Chicken ...)
Left over stir fried pork & veggies with rice and I plan to try to repair the chicken pasta from the other night.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner??? by esgunn (Slow Cooker Chicken ...)
We had slow cooker Italian Braised Pork, also from the C@H cookbook. It wasn't very good, sorry to say. Perhaps it was chef error? Not any kind of Italian I ever heard of. The milk sauce kinda tasted curdled. <<Sigh>> Disappointed
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner??? by farnfam (We had slow cooker I...)
Left over chicken stew I made last night.

Chicken Yodas...lol...
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner??? by DFen911 (Left over chicken st...)
Going to try Cooking Light's Spicy Chicken Cakes with Horseradish Aioli. Baby yukons and a romaine salad as the sides.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner??? by DFen911 (Left over chicken st...)
Laura, that's too cute! Every time you mention him, I think of his "Killer" dance moves...LOL! That was just the cutest thing!

I HAD planned to have another Pioneer Woman recipe, Hot & Sweet Drumsticks with Fried Rice, but William just called to tell me "the employee" came home with him. I've only got about 6-8 drumsticks and I don't think that's enough for four AND leave me lunch tomorrow. I may have to go with plan B...French Onion Salisbury Steak. I gotta go see how much ground beef I got. The boy loves to eat!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.