OT- Weather
  Re: (...)
Maryann, Vicci, Theresa, and Barbara...How are you OH/PA people getting along? Right now, it looks like you guys are getting SLAMMED! I hope all are warm and well. You New Englanders are next! I hope you're ready, this thing seems particularly nasty...especially on the heels of all the snow you guys have on the ground.

Lorraine, are you guys getting snow or ice...looks like you're right on the line. If it was me, I'd want snow. In my experience, ice is much more destructive.

We're even looking at possible frozen precipitation...schools are already on a two hour delay. I know that seems silly to some, but we don't have that much frozen precipitation, so we don't have the equipment to deal with it. That and people around here don't have experience with driving on slippery roads. PLUS, we're probably looking at more of an ice event than a snow event...much more dangerous when you're talking about driving a school bus full of children.

Now Al, what were you trying to tell me about Global Warming? I don't think snow in Florida fits in with your theories.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OT- Weather by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, Vicci, Ther...)
I think we're done with the snow for a few days - but it's cold cold cold cold. Tonight we're under a wind-chill warning -50! Air temp is between -15 & -20. Bob just took the babies up to the quonset - said the wind wasn't blowing too bad.

I cannot believe the weather - and I hope everyone in the path of this stays warm, safe, and out of danger. The weatherman says there's a warming trend heading our way - crossing my fingers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
It's 23 here tonight, 19 tomorrow, and 17 Sat. Normal---40 to 60.???
Climatology is the safest science--by the time you are proven right or wrong in 1000 years no one will remember your name--it is a science for the moment--take your glory now, don't pay for your mistakes. Al Gore will die a hero, no one will remember him in the "little ice age" in 2910 when Polar Bears are in Mexico.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT- Weather by Old Bay (It's 23 here tonight...)
LOL! So right, Bill! Our temps are to be in the teens tonight, but hopefully up to the mid 30's tomorrow, maybe. I don't think it will get out of the 30's to 40's for the next week....BRRRRRR! When we are used to 50's with a day now and then like this, it's not so bad. But temps like this for a couple of weeks? The Soups, Stews, & Chili book, Soups book, and Slow Cooker book are my main source of dinners in the next few weeks...with a couple of exceptions.

Honestly, Sharon....stay warm and safe! I am so glad you have a "native" to guide you in how to survive that weather.....BRRRR! It makes me shiver just to think about it!
Daphne
I've been wondering, too, Daphne, and thought about LJ as well. Stay safe and warm, everyone out there!

PJ
PJ
It' a balmy 7 degrees here right now. Not sure what the wind chill is, but I think Sharon wins!

So sorry honey. I am sure it sucks.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT- Weather by pjcooks (I've been wondering,...)
PJ, I got an email from LJ today with a NOAA report for his area. He's dealing with conditions similar to Sharon, but WITH snow...for the next THREE days! OIY!

Stay safe and warm PJ and hang on...this one looks like a real nasty!
Daphne
  Re: Re: OT- Weather by Harborwitch (I think we're done w...)
Sharon, I can't imagine your pain--be well!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT- Weather by Old Bay (Sharon, I can't imag...)
Hey, Sharon...how's it feel to be able to wear a sweater and/or a coat? Cool, huh? Just make sure you get sweaters that are easily removed...that way you can layer. Layers are good!
Daphne
  Re: Re: OT- Weather by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, Sharon...how's ...)
And we're so temperate out here - Erin, Marye and I could probably lay in the sun... (at least in the middle of hot flashes! )

Stay safe everyone!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com