Hey, Cis!
  Re: (...)
You know....I don't know whether to thank you or smack you.

I put away a loaf of the last batch of Crusty Country French Bread (made with my new pan which worked PERFECTLY!)in the freezer. I don't know if this is how some of you said to do it...never did find that thread, but I popped the frozen bread in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes while I got the meat going for dinner. I fixed half of a loaf for dinner as Cheesy bread. The guys didn't put their meat on the bread the first time, just ate it and dipped. I've got 2 patties left, but all the bread is gone. They went back for seconds on the bread and "soup". William's taking the rest of the loaf to have with breakfast or lunch tomorrow at the camp. I've been asked to make another batch tomorrow....LOL! We've never been big bread eaters before, but we are now.

This is not a good thing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Hey, Cis! by Gourmet_Mom (You know....I don't ...)
Oh, Daph, that is a wonderful bread
I made some for an appy New Year's day with salami and artichokes and olives etc. It was so good, I'm going to have to make some more YUM
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hey, Cis! by farnfam (Oh, Daph, that is a ...)
Dang straight it's good! But Cis...I just made 3 loaves last week! Now I'm making 3 more???? EEEEEEK!

But this time, I'm putting 2 in the freezer. Maybe that'll help...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Hey, Cis! by Gourmet_Mom (Dang straight it's g...)
I can't leave them alone, if I know they're there, I just eat them. I half the recipe now and make only one good size one instead of 2 skinny ones
darn, now I'll have to make more tomorrow
and get more salami
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hey, Cis! by farnfam (I can't leave them a...)
I won't halve the recipe anymore. That was my first failure. It spread (didn't have my pan then) and turned into a brick almost. I do the whole thing, make 3 loaves and will freeze 2 tomorrow. Really, when I reheated it, it was just like I baked it and it had been sitting to cool...still warm. YUM!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Hey, Cis! by Gourmet_Mom (I won't halve the re...)
Ok I can't find it to save my life...recipe please
  Re: Re: Hey, Cis! by DFen911 (Ok I can't find it t...)
Hey Denise, here it is:

http://ayankeeinasouthernkitchen.com/200...eal-pizza/

ps I do it in the Food Processor, works great, couldn't be any easier
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hey, Cis! by farnfam (Hey Denise, here it ...)
After all the holiday weight gain, I guess I can be glad I do not have my food processor at this point.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Hey, Cis! by chef_Tab (After all the holida...)
Bread making day today, will probably do this one again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey, Cis! by cjs (Bread making day tod...)
While we're on the subject of bread...

A while back, a friend from the States brought back a surprise for me: a five-pound bag of rye flour. Obviously, it won't take long to go through that, so I'd like to make the right choices about recipes at the outset, without having to do too much experimentation.

What I seek are tested, reliable recipes for Rye Bread and Pumpernickel.

So far, on this site, I've found THIS, THIS, and THIS for Rye Bread, but the first one uses a sourgdough starter, the second one uses beer, and the third one contains dill. What would get me the closest to standard Rye Bread? Is a starter/mother/poolish/biga really necessary? How close would the beer-based bread be? I could, of course, omit the dill from the third recipe, but how close is that recipe?

For Pumpernickel, I've found Jean's Pumpernickel Brie Wreath, which I could make without putting a round of Brie in the centre of the final bread, but are there any other suggestions?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?