What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10?
  Re: (...)
all those '1s' Big football day, so lots of easy, fast dinners tonight?

We're having pot roast with onions and demi (from the freezer) and rice. Also, making another batch of apricot almond cream cheese ice cream to get the proportions correct.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10? by cjs (all those '1s' Big ...)
Crazy shift over, dinner at a normal time Yay

Italian: Baking our most favored Crusty Bread, Shells with ricotta and red sauce, tossed salad with balsamic and something chocolate for dessert!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10? by farnfam (Crazy shift over, di...)
Hooray for Cis! Wine with dinner......instead of whining about no wine!

I have plans to make soy sauce chicken with quinoa. It is a very easy dish to make and this cold/flu has me craving asian food (and blueberry pie).

Go New England!!!!!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10? by chef_Tab (Hooray for Cis! Wine...)
I have a turkey defrosted but I don't know if I feel like being chained to the house. I don't know what to do.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10? by Trixxee (I have a turkey defr...)
Trixxee, do you have a turkey fryer? It sure cuts down on the cooking time and tastes great too.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10? by chef_Tab (Trixxee, do you have...)
We are having Parsnip Soup with Corned Beef & Cabbage (from an old Bon Appetite) and if we get to town I'd like to have the Reuben Pizza with. Bob's trying to plow again - but the wind keeps drifting the snow in.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10? by chef_Tab (Trixxee, do you have...)
I don't, Theresa. It's only 15 pounds so it won't take that long, but still!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10? by Trixxee (I don't, Theresa. I...)
Fennel saffron fish soup with garlic bread
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10? by DFen911 (Fennel saffron fish ...)
Wow, that sounds interesting, Denise!

I'm doing my review dinner, I think. I haven't been to the store, yet. But that's the plan right now!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 1/10/10? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, that sounds int...)
"garlic bread" BREAD??? BREAD????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com