What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10
  Re: (...)
No idea - what are you all up to??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10 by cjs (No idea - what are y...)
Got two zukes that need to be used, maybe Pasta Fazule? I so need to go shopping, and I love for us to do it together, but with the shifts like they are lately, I'm gonna have to do it solo .......and soon
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10 by farnfam (Got two zukes that n...)
Just finished dismantling the kitchen again for the painter man - but I planned something that I can cook on the hot plate, and the rice cooker. Right before Christmas we got some heads on shrimp - 25/30's and I froze half of them in water, and steamed the rest. I made a stock with the heads and shells of the steamed ones and froze that. So I am making shrimp scampi and shrimp stock flavored rice with steamed asparagus. I wish I had an ice cream churn since I put up some peaches in the summer.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10 by (Just finished disman...)
Turkey pot pie and biscuits.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10 by Lorraine (Turkey pot pie and b...)
Venison stew and garlic toast. Ron will be happy-happy!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10 by (Just finished disman...)
Oooooh that sounds good. I want to be at your house for dinner.

I think I'm going to roast a chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10 by Harborwitch (Oooooh that sounds g...)
I'm finally getting to my Dinner Review.

Maryann, get ready for a BIG OL' smooch for that dinner! Right up Ron's alley!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm finally getting ...)
I'm doing the dinner review Wednesday - really looking forward to it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10 by cjs (I'm doing the dinner...)
I had a meeting at church and asked College Boy to cook the Five Jewel Rice stuffed chicken and garlic green beans for our dinner. He said he'd do it for $5 (beer money, I'm sure) - so we struck a deal. The dinner was great and he did a terrific job. Nice testament to CAH that a non-cook can follow a recipe with great success.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Monday, 1/11/10 by HomeCulinarian (I had a meeting at c...)
Hc - that is a good testament -and good for your boy! The kids had Home made beefy Mac and Cheesek - loved it. And we had grilled chicken thighs served over carribean black beans, sauted spinach with a apricot chipotle orange relish. Oh yum. it was sooo good.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.