Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone doing for dinner tonight?

We're having the C@H Review dinner with homemade corn tortillas. fun day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th? by cjs (What's everyone doin...)
A pot roast is simmering away in beer, with onions, garlic, and some tomatoes in the crock pot. I'll add lots of veggies a little later so they aren't mushy. Might even do some dumplings.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th? by Harborwitch (A pot roast is simme...)
Oh, perfect time to try the couscous dumplings, Sharon - they are great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th? by cjs (Oh, perfect time to ...)
Finally going to do my grocery shopping today! Hooray, but I'm not sure what we'll do for dinner, maybe a crockpot thing
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th? by farnfam (Finally going to do ...)
I'm going to make butternut squash tortilla soup from the CAH #47 magazine. I still have several squash from my sister and need to use them up before too long!

Been on a soup kick this week! Eat some for dinner and then freeze the rest for future use. We now have a selection of homemade soups in individual servings ready quickly.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th? by HomeCulinarian (I'm going to make bu...)
still no kitchen - since we are having a heat wave (temp. finally in the 50's) I am craving some crunchy salad.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th? by (still no kitchen - s...)
Clear broth for Derek he's still sick. As for me I need comfort food. Going thru a really tough time at work. I'm thinking homemade french fries and a mushroom cheese burger.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th? by (still no kitchen - s...)
I have not cooked all week because of a bad back. Feeling a tiny bit better so I am just heating up some frozen Scottish meat pies I bought at the last Highland Games we attended. Plan to serve them with gravy and peas. So exciting.....not. I would love that crunchy salad Sonja's craving. I feel vege deprived with all the takeout we ate this week.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th? by chef_Tab (I have not cooked al...)
that's the same feeling I am having, Theresa - we have had take out several times while the kitchen is being painted, etc. But, Denise's burger and fries sounds good too!!!!!!!! (We never have that as take-out - Mister says a burger and fries is not dinner/supper) Hope your back is on the mend. Been there - done that.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Thursday, Jan. 14th? by (that's the same feel...)
Feel better soon, Theresa!!
www.achefsjourney.com