Bottled Salad Dressings
  Re: (...)
I have never found a bottled dressing I liked until now. When we had dinner at a friend's home over the holidays, I loved the salad dressing and asked for the recipe. I was shocked to find out it was bought. I had never heard of it before and it is only available in some states. I have only tried the Greek so far. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.gazeboroom.com/find.html
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Bottled Salad Dressings by chef_Tab (I have never found a...)
And naturally, not available in my area. I have no idea where Orangeburg, SC is, but I'm betting it's not close.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Bottled Salad Dressings by chef_Tab (I have never found a...)
I always make my own dressings, also, but when my son came home for Christmas, he told me about a bottled dressing his fiancee had served him and he said he could eat a whole huge bowl of salad if it had that dressing on it. Turned out it was Girard's Champagne dressing. I bought it and he's right it is really good and certainly quicker than homemade..
Shannon
  Re: Re: Bottled Salad Dressings by Dismc (I always make my own...)
Well, horsepuckie, no Washington, Oregon, or Idaho so guess we're s.o.l.

I like making my own dressing also, but I've got admit I've gotten hooked on a couple of commercial ones from Trader Joes and Central market, so always pick them up when we're in the big city.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bottled Salad Dressings by Dismc (I always make my own...)
Oh, Shannon, I can get THAT ONE! I've seen it often and been tempted to try it! Good to know. I'll pick some up on my next trip to the store.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Bottled Salad Dressings by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Shannon, I can g...)
If it's the Gazebo Room dressing you want, I can get that at the local Big Acme. Let me check again on the availability tomorrow and if it's there, I will volunteer to buy, package, and ***** for cost.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Bottled Salad Dressings by BarbaraS (If it's the Gazebo R...)
Oh, Barbara, that's not necessary. I wouldn't want to go to all that trouble without trying it. But thanks for the offer. I will be keeping my eye out, though.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Bottled Salad Dressings by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Barbara, that's ...)
Daphne,

It's really not any problem. I don't mind going through the process and the dressing is really only about $3. The PO is on my way to the Lab I have to go to, so the stop isn't out of my way.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Bottled Salad Dressings by BarbaraS (Daphne,[br][br]It's ...)
Theresa, I'm going to look for this. Even if I don't find it here, a grocery near my Mom may have it since she's so much closer to where you live. I've never been thrilled by bottled dressings, and if you recommend it...

Penzeys offers a variety of dressing "bases", and although a lot of them contain more salt than I like, the one which I buy often is the Country French Vinaigrette. It's a tasty mixture of herbs and garlic, and all you have to do is mix it with a little water, red wine vinegar, and oil.

I do prefer homemade dressings, but it's nice to have a "mix" on hand for when I'm busy.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Bottled Salad Dressings by foodfiend (Theresa, I'm going t...)
About the only one we buy is Good Seasons Garlic and Herb Mix. Quite good, and we use the dry mix to rub a beef roast for roasting in the oven too.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".