Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa
  Re: (...)
I have tried to get the recipe for sage muffins (Issue 59; p.11) from the magazine's recipe index, but all they give me is the page number, not the recipe or the actual page. Does anybody have the recipe? Also the apple salsa. I am fixing the pork roast on Saturday and I would like the recipes for the sides. thanks, Budster.
  Re: Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa by Budster (I have tried to get ...)
Hi Budster! Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll stick around and visit often. Here you go.

Sage Dressing Muffins
Makes eight 6 oz. muffins
Total time: 2 hours

Stale; Whisk together and add:
8 cups French bread, cubed
2 cups chicken broth
3 eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
Saute in 3 T. Unsalted Butter; Combine with Soaked Brea:
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 T. minced fresh sage
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper

Stale bread on a baking sheet in a 250 degree oven until dry. Butter eight 6 ounce ramikins (or a muffin tin).

Whisk broth, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add to bread and toss gently. Let mixture stand until liquid is absorbed, at least 5 minutes.

Divide dressing among ramikins, mounding it gently on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until browned and set. Invert muffins onto serving plates.

Apple Salsa Topping
Makes 2 cups
Total time: 10 minutes

Saute in 2 T. Unsalted Butter:
2 sweet-tart red apples (like Fuji or Braeburn), diced
Add:
2 T. currant jelly
1 T. sugar
1 T. chopped fresh parsley
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/4 t. kosher salt

Saute apples in butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until just starting to soften, about 1 minute.

Add the remaining ingredients; stir to mix well. Serve warm, spooned over pork loin chops.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Budster! Welcome...)
Welcome to the forum, Budster!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
How the heck did we miss this one???? It sounds really good.

C'mon back often, Budster and remind of others we've missed. and Welcome!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Budster! Welcome...)
Thank you, thank you, Gourmet_Mom! I'm making the roast and these two sides for my daughter and her boyfriend. this is the first time she has brought anyone home and so I want it to be good! I am in the habit of tearing out recipes that appeal to me and putting them in a folder. I didn't get page 11 for some reason. You are a life-saver. Budster
  Re: Re: Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa by Budster (Thank you, thank you...)
You are very welcome, Budster. I hope you'll come back and join in the chatter.

It's a shame I had to type that in, huh, Jean! It would have been so much better if Member's Plus were available...to all of us....Are ya' listnin' Brian and Carlos....Joy....tap tap tap...this thing on?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa by Gourmet_Mom (You are very welcome...)
I received the annuals for years 1 through 8 for Christmas this year and have complete sets of the magazines from then on, and I'd still be willing to pay for online access.

It's so much easier for me to search and access recipes online. I REALLY hope this becomes available some time in the future (okay, sooner rather than later would make me happy !
  Re: Re: Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa by karyn (I received the annua...)
(okay, sooner rather than later would make me happy ! - me too, Karyn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa by cjs ( (okay, sooner rathe...)
Yummy... I made a variation of this today and loved them.
[Image: dressingmuffins300x298.jpg]
  Re: Re: Recipe for sage muffins and apple salsa by mrsbushaxe (Yummy... I made a va...)
No wonder, they look scrumptious!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."