What Was a Good Idea Last Summer....
  Re: (...)
...isn't quite such a good idea now! We really are trying to watch what we're eating (in between Dinner reviews ) and now I'm thinking about the 8 fruit tarts/pies I put in the freezer last summer when I had all that fresh fruit.

We really need to start using them up... so maybe I can do this again. They were put in the freezer unbaked and now I can't wait to taste this little bugger.

[Image: pluottart1.jpg]
It's a Pluot Tart and it smells so good. We are in trouble.

One thing we sure are taking advantage of is the canned fruit I put up - first time I did so much in many, many years - we have a pint jar almost every day and thoroughly enjoy it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What Was a Good Idea Last Summer.... by cjs (...isn't quite such ...)
I would like to order 4 of those please. My mouth is watering.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What Was a Good Idea Last Summer.... by chef_Tab (I would like to orde...)
And you can send the other 4 my way. You know, I'm not big on pies but this photo had my mouth watering, too! Good heavens, I think that I can smell it...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What Was a Good Idea Last Summer.... by foodfiend (And you can send the...)
Good Grief, Jean! That looks awesome! And while I could eat half that thing, I'm really glad it's at YOUR house!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What Was a Good Idea Last Summer.... by Gourmet_Mom (Good Grief, Jean! T...)
Jean they ***** really well

**goes out and waits for the mailman**
  Re: What Was a Good Idea Last Summer.... by cjs (...isn't quite such ...)
It looks fabulous, Jean. What kind of crust did you make?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What Was a Good Idea Last Summer.... by Lorraine (It looks fabulous, J...)
(pillsbury) gave up making crusts a long time ago, unless it's something special. The tart sure was good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What Was a Good Idea Last Summer.... by cjs ((pillsbury) [img]/ub...)
I was hoping that would be the answer, as I have never mastered making pastry.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What Was a Good Idea Last Summer.... by cjs ((pillsbury) [img]/ub...)
Quote:

(pillsbury) gave up making crusts a long time ago, unless it's something special. The tart sure was good.

Well, heck, if Jean admits to this, I'm no longer going to pretend!

Pillsbury Ready-Crust rocks!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What Was a Good Idea Last Summer.... by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
right on Vicci!!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com