Jan. 17th - Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Got busy and didn't make it to the store, so had to put off last night's dinner plans until tonight, so from yesterday -

"So, since I have some leftover steak, I'm making the Steak salad with blueberry Vin. I'm making some potato soup today also, so a bowl of that with the salad."

Roasted brussels sprouts last night with prosciutto & lemon from C@H's Smart Carbs book and it's a great dish, but it calls for 4 oz. of prosciutto to 1 1/2 lbs. b. sprouts and I think that's really overkill. Next time I would use maybe 2 oz. - tasty dish,tho.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Jan. 17th - Dinner? by cjs (Got busy and didn't ...)
Roasted, fruit stuffed chicken (The fruit will keep the chicken moist)
Sage Muffins ~ recipe given here earlier in the week
Smashed Yukon Gold potatoes
Michael Symon's fried Brussels Sprouts with walnuts & capers.

Fried Brussel Sprouts

Not sure about dessert yet.
  Re: Jan. 17th - Dinner? by cjs (Got busy and didn't ...)
Mister is roasting a fat roaster chicken on the Big Easy, and I am making cheese and macaroni, Savannah Red Rice, and the girls want . . . . green bean casserole. We finally have our kitchen back together. The roasted sprouts sound good.
  Re: Re: Jan. 17th - Dinner? by (Mister is roasting a...)
Hubby and I are just starting our mission week to juarez. We will cross the border early this afternoon. Last night we ate at Carlos and Mickey's in el paso. So I'm not cooking this week and will enjoy whatever is prepared by Siccora for us.
  Re: Re: Jan. 17th - Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (Hubby and I are just...)
Have a safe and rewarding trip, Jeannette!

Ron got a taste for good old-fashioned baked ham yesterday, so he brought home a half ham. We will be doing it the way his mom always did it with brown sugar and pineapples. Will probably make scalloped potatoes and green beans to go with and have the kids over to help eat it. Sure glad I got a food saver!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Jan. 17th - Dinner? by Mare749 (Have a safe and rewa...)
I've been thinking of getting a ham...so many things to do with the leftover and the bone!

It is GORGEOUS here! We even had the top down on the way home from the store! Today's burger day with all the fixings and a side of fries! I'm glad I won't have to brave freezing temps and blustery wind this evening!

Oh, almost forgot...I hope you have a safe and rewarding trip, Jeanette!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jan. 17th - Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I've been thinking o...)
Safe trip, Jeanette!! We'll be here when you get back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jan. 17th - Dinner? by cjs (Safe trip, Jeanette!...)
Echoing everyone - safe trip Jeanette.

I was going to do the Asian Pork Stew tonight, but we've got leftovers from last night, and since I've been feeling puny today I think I'll take the easy way out.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Jan. 17th - Dinner? by Harborwitch (Echoing everyone - s...)
Well, I am completely underwhelmed with the two soups I made today - the Potato-Zucchini Soup with crispy chickpeas and German Cabbage Soup.

The potato-zucc is from Issue #68, page 43 - the only thing I loved about this was the crispy chick peas, I may not have enough left to garnish the soup.

The other I made is from Issue #23, page 23 - just don't like the flavor at all.

I'm still hungry for good old fashioned potato soup, so will probably dump this and made some next week. I hate that.

But the Steak Salad with Blueberry vin from Cuisine Light is lookin' real good.

At least I got to stay by the tv and watch Minnesota do their thing!!! Give em hell, old farts!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jan. 17th - Dinner? by cjs (Well, I am completel...)
Jean, what is your "good old fashioned potato soup"? I really liked the one at the local Applebee's, but haven't found a copycat recipe for it, yet, nor even tried any others.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?