I Miss Erin!!
  Re: (...)
Boy, Steve comes home and she relegates us all to the backyard. I hope they are having some great family time, but I miss her around here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: I Miss Erin!! by cjs (Boy, Steve comes hom...)
Jean, I think she was busy this weekend travelling to the kids' gymnastic meets.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: I Miss Erin!! by chef_Tab (Jean, I think she wa...)
Hi Erin! I hope you'll post pictures of your late Christmas and the kids competition! Come back soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I Miss Erin!! by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Erin! I hope you...)
Oh I'm sure they're having quality time (wink wink, nudge nudge).

Oh and yes the kids are in a gymnastic competition right now.
  Re: Re: I Miss Erin!! by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Erin! I hope you...)
Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA - Steve finally got home last weekend on a Saturday night and we had the boys first gymnastics meet on Sunday. Then a week of settling back in, finally cleaning up from Christmas and we started stripping wallpaper and replacing the floors in two bathrooms, the laundry room and kitchen dining room on Friday. Two gymnastics meets on Saturday and floor and painting yesterday. Boy - don't know if I am coming or going. I think I will be out more than in for a while.

Sorry - Not cooking much with the chaos. But it did make the grapefruit avacado salsa from the new cusinelight book and we really liked it. Served over a chicken breast and some spinach with sweet pepper. It was good.

Hope all is well with you all. I'll check in when I can.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: I Miss Erin!! by esgunn (Hi all. Sorry I hav...)
Sounds like some great family time, Erin!! The salsa sounds refreshing -
  Re: Re: I Miss Erin!! by (Sounds like some gre...)
good to hear from you, Erin - now, we'll all have to meet at your house again to see the updates!

Oh great, I bought 2 grapefruits yesterday, so I have everything for the Avocado-Grapefruit Salsa, even the chicken to put under it.

By the way, you all probably know about this already, but just in case someone who like avocados doesn't, you can buy frozen bag s of avocado halves at Costco. They are so great to have on hand. I've found some in the bottom of the freezer, ice-crusted and still tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Miss Erin!! by cjs (good to hear from yo...)
$%@!%&*!!!! We have got to get our passports. The closest Costco is in Canada! I'll have to watch the grocery store for the "use 'em today" avocados. Now that I dumped all those meds I can eat grapefruit again. That salsa sounds good. I'll have to look for the cookbook when we hit Fargo next week.

Good to see you back Erin. One of these days we need to help our wallpaper (yucky) finish peeling. Springtime project!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I Miss Erin!! by Harborwitch ($%@!%&*!!!! We have ...)
Good to hear from you Erin! Boy, do you sound busy! Check in when you can!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I Miss Erin!! by Gourmet_Mom (Good to hear from yo...)
Glad you're back safe and sound, Erin. You do sound incredibly busy. We'll all want to see pictures, or course, when you have time. How was the competition?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."