Review: Thai Beef Salad Wraps
  Re: (...)
from Issue 41, page 11. These were pretty good, but we've had wraps that we like the combination better. Looking at past wrap recipes in C@H, the sauce is very similar in them. Guess I'd give them a 7 overall.

Had C@H's Caprese Corn salad (Salads & Sandwiches book, page 27) with the wraps - we love this salad. The only thing I do differently is use a combination of cilantro, basil and mint instead of just basil. yum, it's tasty. Oh, and white balsamic instead of the white wine vinegar.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Thai Beef Salad Wraps by cjs (from Issue 41, page ...)
We still like the Thai wraps we did in a review dinner a while back. I've had them a time or two since. How disappointing.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Thai Beef Salad Wraps by Gourmet_Mom (We still like the Th...)
do you remember which issue those were in? I can do a search - I looked at a few issues this a.m. thinking I'd find that one, but I didn't. Will try again tomorrow - I remember we all did like those, didn't we?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Thai Beef Salad Wraps by cjs (do you remember whic...)
Weren't they on the cover of the issue? I am pretty sure they were. I will have to look at my issues to see.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Review: Thai Beef Salad Wraps by luvnit (Weren't they on the ...)
I think they were Jan/Feb '08, but here's the link to the recipe: Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps Recipe

and the review: Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps Review
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Thai Beef Salad Wraps by Gourmet_Mom (I think they were Ja...)
maybe that's not the one I was thinking of, since in the review I didn't seem to be too imprssed with the wraps. darn. But I did like the sauce, so maybe I'll just play. thanks for finding those thread, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com