Kale Chips Recipe
  Re: (...)
[Image: kale-chips.jpg]

Kale Chips (Recipe 1)

Timing is crucial for these chips: too long and they taste burned, two short and they are chewy rather than crispy.

4 large leaves kale
olive oil spray (optional)
salt

Preheat the oven to 350F. Wash kale and cut into two-inch pieces. (Try to make the pieces all the same size or they will not cook at the same rate.) Spray a baking sheet with oil and place the pieces of kale on it in a single layer. Spray lightly with oil, if desired, and sprinkle with salt.

Bake for 7 minutes. Turn the chips over and bake for 3-7 more minutes, until crispy and edges just beginning to brown. Cool and eat.

Kale Chips (Recipe 2)
(Lower heat version)

1 bunch of kale
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 200. Wash kale thoroughly and let dry.
Tear kale away from stem. Each kale leaf should be torn into about 6 or eight pieces. Place kale, salt, olive oil and lemon into a bowl and mix together with your hands, gently massaging the kale with the oil, lemon and salt.
Lay kale out on a cookie sheet or pizza pan. Place in over and set timer for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, remove from oven and gently unstuck kale from pan if it has stuck and replace for another 10-15 minutes until kale is dry and crispy.

Allow to cool. Can store in fridge for up to a week.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Kale Chips Recipe by luvnit ( [img]http://blog.fa...)
oh, that sounds good, Laura.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kale Chips Recipe by cjs (oh, that sounds good...)
I bet this would work with fresh spinach, just maybe cooks faster
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Kale Chips Recipe by farnfam (I bet this would wor...)
Thanks Laura, I love Kale! And it is so good for you. If the store has any I may make some to munch on during the games on Sunday. It would be so much better than potato chips.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!