Review Cuisine Light Quick Chicken
  Re: (...)
I know I have reviewed two of these recipes so far, but just mentioned them in other threads. Since I have now made a third recipe, I'll review them in their own post. These are just good ways to liven up chicken, and with my kitchen torn apart, I need some easy dinners. I think we would give them all a solid 7. Bonus is they are very healthy and I've lost a little weight! YEA! (Might have been the flu last weekend )

Last night I made the simmered green bean(Asparagus) and grape tomato over chicken breasts. It was very good. I had green beans so used those instead of the Asparaus.

Previous reviews were for the Avacado-Grapefruit salsa over chicken breasts. I served with wilted spinach and sauted red peppers. This was very good. We really liked the combination of the grapfruit with the avacado.

The other was the White Beans and Roasted Red Peppers. Also very good. Also served with wilted spinach with a touch of red pepper flakes. I had one leftover breast (cooked 3)and some of the beans and served with Quinoa and spinach with garlic.

I will make them all again. I will make the Spicy Spinach and Yellow Squash for sure - not sure about the cranberry pear sauce or the olive rasin tapenade.

I have about 5 go to recipes that really liven up chicken breasts now and I love it!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Review Cuisine Light Quick Chicken by esgunn (I know I have review...)
Thanks Erin! I have been wanting to get to that white beans with roasted red pepper one myself. I agree, the olive raisin tapenade doesn't appeal to me either.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Review Cuisine Light Quick Chicken by chef_Tab (Thanks Erin! I have ...)
Well, today I hit B.J's and Lowes with no success to find the Lite book. I'm going to have to order this one.

Thanks for all the reviews!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Review Cuisine Light Quick Chicken by BarbaraS (Well, today I hit B....)
Barbara, that's what I'm afraid of...being a "Light" recipe book, especially at this time of year, it may sell out quickly.

Thanks for the reviews Erin...I'm hoping to get to the city tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review Cuisine Light Quick Chicken by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, that's what...)
" I have been wanting to get to that white beans with roasted red pepper one myself." - Me too!!

I think after the salmon burgers, I might just start at the beginning and work my way thru, sounds like that's what Erin is almost doing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review Cuisine Light Quick Chicken by chef_Tab (Thanks Erin! I have ...)
I'll chime in with my vote for the white bean and red pepper one also. Will be making it this week. Maybe I'll be brave and try the raisin and olive tapenade topping too. Will let you all know.
Shannon
Quote:

I agree, the olive raisin tapenade doesn't appeal to me either.

At first, an olive-raisin tapenade sounds very strange to me, too, but then the Cuban picadillo comes to mind. It has ground beef, onions, garlic, peppers, Sherry, spices, etc. AND raisins and olives (pimento-stuffed olives, no less). Considering how well the raisins and olives work together in that, the tapenade no longer sounds as far fetched.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review Cuisine Light Quick Chicken by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Once I do remember to pick this up (if it's not sold out!), I won't have to plan menus for a couple of weeks.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com