Makin' Snowpeople??????
  Re: (...)
or do you have no power??

I hope everyone back there is O.K. and staying warm and dry.

And then there is poor Vancouver with little snow.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Makin' Snowpeople?????? by cjs (or do you have no po...)
Really...we dodged that bullet! Just lots of rain, that we didn't need! And the wind last night was just CRAZY! You guys with all the snow, stay safe and warm!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Makin' Snowpeople?????? by cjs (or do you have no po...)
It started snowing yesterday morning and continued all day. Last night we had a few hours of sleet, then back to snow. And it's been snowing the last few hours. We lost power a few times last night, but not for long. Lots of folks in the area haven't been that lucky. We were smart and stocked up on fresh fruit, veg etc on Thursday. The Chili Tasting we were to do today is postponed again, as is the Bridal show. Who would have thought.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Makin' Snowpeople?????? by Lorraine (It started snowing y...)
Sounds brutal--be well everybody--hunker down and eat warm heavy food if you can.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Makin' Snowpeople?????? by Old Bay (Sounds brutal--be we...)
It finally stopped snowing here. I think we have about 14". Hubby is out there shovelling the snow out of the bed of his truck. I don't think I have ever seen him do that, it looks pretty funny. We were supposed to work at the Winery at a wine and chocolate tasting event, but it was cancelled for today. I still have half the bottle of ChocoVine, so I wont cry. I stocked up on groceries and beer yesterday. Glad to be indoors warm and dry.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Makin' Snowpeople?????? by chef_Tab (It finally stopped s...)
We got about 2 feet. Hubby did about 4 hours of snow blowing out the neighbors and us. I did some shoveling and found my car.

And the birdies are coming in flocks!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Makin' Snowpeople?????? by BarbaraS (We got about 2 feet....)
It's been snowing lightly and on and off all day, last night, and I guess it's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow. Only inches at this point. We took a long drive today (exploring our world) and did some shopping. All I can say is that the snow tires we got are great! Oh, and Bob is excellent driving in snow.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Makin' Snowpeople?????? by Harborwitch (It's been snowing li...)
Quote:

It's been snowing lightly and on and off all day, last night, and I guess it's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow. Only inches at this point. We took a long drive today (exploring our world) and did some shopping. All I can say is that the snow tires we got are great! Oh, and Bob is excellent driving in snow.

Bob, you are a lucky man--and I'm sure you are "excellent driving in snow"--it's just nice for you to hear it from the most importent person in your life--be well you two!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Makin' Snowpeople?????? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Bob says "awwwwww" Just found out it's going to snow on and off till Tuesday, nice Wed. - Thurs. and more snow on Friday.
Worst part is that it's now going to snow sideways tomorrow. I'm glad we stocked up.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Makin' Snowpeople?????? by Harborwitch (Bob says "awwwwww" ...)
Can you believe it???? Naught but flurries here in the Great White North, just went south of us.
Cis
Empress for Life