Rack of Lamb
  Re: (...)
I see so much variation in serving size. We're planning to entertain 8 for dinner (including us). It will be full dinner. Some recipes say it takes 16 ribs to feed four. Others say it takes 3 racks (24 ribs). I want to serve cutting double rib pieces. If we did 24 for 8, it would require a double rib and a single per person. Advice??
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Rack of Lamb by Old Bay (I see so much variat...)
As I think of it, three single ribs would be good for plate presentation - either a rough triangle of overlapping ribs, or - maybe even better - a triskelion of ribs. With some nice garnishing, those could have a great effect.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Rack of Lamb by Old Bay (I see so much variat...)
Bill, that's one of my favorite things to serve for special dinners. I always serve 4 ribs per which means 1 rack for 2 people. Kind of a pricey proposition.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Rack of Lamb by Dismc (Bill, that's one of ...)
that's what we are having tomorrow night for Valentine's Dinner - one rack for two -
  Re: Re: Rack of Lamb by (that's what we are h...)
Yum, and I agree - one rack for 2 people.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rack of Lamb by labradors (As I think of it, th...)
I generally serve 4 ribs per person. However I like Lab's suggestion above about presentations. With a 3 course meal, 3 ribs probably is enough--really depends upon your guests--if they are big eaters or not. I just like the 4 rib "rack" intack so meat stays warmer longered.
Madeline