Internet issues
  Re: (...)
Well somehow my 5gig limit on Verizon internet is gone - so I will have limited access until the 2nd of March. I'll miss you all. Working to resolve this but will have to wait until Monday.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Internet issues by Harborwitch (Well somehow my 5gig...)
...or maybe Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday (Presidents' Day).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Internet issues by labradors (...or maybe Tuesday,...)
OIY! Hope you get it fixed quickly, Sharon. We'll be here when you get back!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Internet issues by Harborwitch (Well somehow my 5gig...)
Is that a ND thing! We will miss you for TWO weeks!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Internet issues by luvnit (Is that a ND thing! ...)
(the repair folks have to find the farm.... )

hurry back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Internet issues by cjs ((the repair folks ha...)
Well all I'm back!

The issues here are many. There is no cable TV, no DSL from the phone co.. There are some satellite solutions, but we have a 2 yr contract with Verizon for their mobile broadband. They limit you to 5gig of up and downloads and somehow they said I went over my monthly usage in 12 days!

I don't have a clue how - neither do they, they just show that I did. Soooooooo I had to be really really good for the rest of the month because one of the phone support idiots told me it was 25 cents a minute, another told me it was 25 cents a mb, finally got it nailed down at a nickle a mb.

Verizon used to have a 50.00 unlimited plan, but they had to drop it because of over-usage. Now they have a daily plan, a weekly plan, the 60.00 plan we're on, and a 2 or 300.00 plan. I suggested that they need to look at a plan in the middle. They're crediting me back the charges for my overage.

Now I have to really watch what I do.
  Re: Re: Internet issues by Harborwitch (Well all I'm back! ...)
No Skype, YouTube or Internet radio for you.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Internet issues by labradors (No Skype, YouTube or...)
Yeah - that yanks my chain. All I can say is that it's a good thing our cell phones work great here or I'd be tempted to dump them. But Verizon has the best coverage of any cell company here.
  Re: Re: Internet issues by Harborwitch (Yeah - that yanks my...)
You know, I've have the same issues for needing an "in-between" plan here. We had Altell for YEARS. Verizon has bought them out and my old plans went out the window. If I want to change from our OLD Altell plan, I'll have to pay a fortune to have anything comparable with Verizon. We're struggling trying to find a workable plan for our family and extended family...OIY! I feel your pain!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Internet issues by Gourmet_Mom (You know, I've have ...)
Be sure to turn off your computer, not just let it go to sleep. It can still continue its connection to the mobile modem.

So glad you are back!!