Citrus Salad Dressing
  Re: (...)
I picked up the most wonderful citrus at a Farmers market this a.m. and I want to make a green/citrus salad. I see a lot of recipes in the books I brought with me, but does anyone have a favorite?? Maybe a little creamy, but citrusy? Thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Citrus Salad Dressing by cjs (I picked up the most...)
Sorry, Jean. Other than using lemon juice with herbs and vinegar and oil, my recipes are flavored mostly by herbs/spices and/or different vinegars. There are those I sent you from Linda aka Cake Doctor aka (I think?) Musicmaker, I don't have a thing for ya'. Good luck.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Citrus Salad Dressing by Gourmet_Mom (Sorry, Jean. Other ...)
shoot and I don't have those in the trailer, I don't think. Better go look in M.C. Thanks Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Citrus Salad Dressing by cjs (shoot and I don't ha...)
This is the only one that comes to mind but it went very well with this salad.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...Dressing-238776
This is a fruit salad dressing we have meant to try---

1/2 C plain yogurt
1/4 C fresh lime juice
1/4 C honey
1 t grated lime peel
Whisk all together until combined. Serve over salad.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Jane's favorite EASY Poppy Seed Dressing
1/2 C mayo
2 T sugar
1 T poppy seed
1 T lemon juice
Combine & chill--serve over salad
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Citrus Salad Dressing by Old Bay (Jane's favorite EASY...)
Oh, you guys are great!! I finally just threw some 'stuff' together. Thank you so much and I'm going to copy all of them, cause the fruit down here is wonderful!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Citrus Salad Dressing by cjs (Oh, you guys are gre...)
Jean, I'm not sure now what you are looking for. If you're looking for a citrus vinaigrette like the ones we swapped before, let me know. I'll email them to you. As for fruit salads, I just love the fruits tossed and the flavors allowed to marry....maybe a drizzle of good olive oil if mixed with something other than just fruit. I also love nuts and cheese added when greens are part of the mix. But when it's just citrus, I love the purity of the flavors.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Citrus Salad Dressing by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I'm not sure n...)
My favorite citrus dressing is Ina's. I made the lemon curd, then used it for her Greek yogurt Limoncello dressing. Our favorite over fruit in the summer. I am sure not what you have in mind, but it was the first thing that came to mine when I heard citrus dressing.

BTW, my favorite I forgot to eat meal and need to have something right now, is TJ's canned tuna in olive oil with a good splash of fresh lime juice and Penzey's granulated garlic. It gives me the protein jolt I need and takes 2 minutes. You do need fresh limes, I've used lemons and it is not as good.
  Re: Re: Citrus Salad Dressing by Cubangirl (My favorite citrus d...)
Oh wow, Cubangirl, that tuna thing sounds good. I may try that soon on a bit of lettuce. Although there is no TJ's here, I'll have to go with some other brand of tuna.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!