T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19?
  Re: (...)
Since we're going NOWHERE today, not even going to look at the truck, I'm doing a slow cooker dish out of the new slow cooker book, Open-faced pot roast sandwich with gravy dip. Just sit and read our books and enjoy the sun.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? by cjs (Since we're going [...)
Tonight will be Erin's birthday-review dinner.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? by labradors (Tonight will be Erin...)
Enjoy your reading, Jean - We're having stir fry shrimp, snow peas and edamame with cellophane noodles.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? by (Enjoy your reading, ...)
TGIF is right! Now that I have some "real" maple syrup on hand again, I'm making chicken with a black pepper and maple sauce (Epicurious recipe) over mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach and garlic.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? by Trixxee (TGIF is right! Now ...)
"TGIF is right!"........Could not agree more!

I am making the Bahn Mi(might be misspelled)burgers from one of the grilling books. I made these a while back and reviewed them. Forgot about them and then suddenly started craving them. I only wish I could actually grill them outside.

We are also doing a small IPA beer tasting at home. I bought 4 kinds and we are going to test them blindfolded. I have been looking forward to this all week. And Sunday is a "premium wine tasting" of the American Wine Society. I think they will be Spanish wines. fun fun fun.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? by chef_Tab ("TGIF is right!".......)
Quote:

I am making the Bahn Mi(might be misspelled)burgers from one of the grilling books. I made these a while back and reviewed them.

HERE it is.

Quote:

We are also doing a small IPA beer tasting at home.

The International Phonetic Alphabet makes beer?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Stephanie has a meet up in Mont Lake Terrace tonight at 5:30pm. So, I think it will be a Subway sandwich or Quizno's or what ever we can find once we get up there...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? by esgunn (Stephanie has a meet...)
"The International Phonetic Alphabet makes beer?"

Yes, and while it is tasty, I sometimes choke on the letters floating inside.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? by esgunn (Stephanie has a meet...)
Sounds like some have had a week!!

Oh good, "Bahn Mi(might be misspelled)burgers from one of the grilling books." is in one of the books I brought with me, and it sure sounds good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? by cjs (Sounds like some hav...)
Tonight is steak night...and on the grill!

Those burgers do sound good. I have them saved but haven't made them yet. I'll have to get my butt in gear this weekend and get back to my menus before I fall into a total winter slump.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.