Review: Open-Faced Pot Roast Sandwich w/Gravy Dip
  Re: (...)
Another successful one from the Slow Cooker Menus book. I had two pieces of thick sirloin in the freezer, so used those which combined made about 1/2 the amount needed for the recipe. But I used the called for amounts (about for the onion & carrot) of the other ingredients and I'm glad I did, I have a nice batch of shredded meat with lots of 'gravy' leftovr to use. Oh, and I had some beef stock, so subbed that for the chicken.

The flavors are very good in this and the mayo/horseradish is a great flavor addition to the sandwich.

The directions say to strain the gravy so you have a jus to serve with the beef, but I kept the veggies in and we liked it.

All in all, I'll make this one again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Open-Faced Pot Roast Sandwich w/Gravy Dip by cjs (Another successful o...)
Thanks, Jean. I have that one marked. I think I'll go make up my menu for next week. Between this, my birthday dinner, Erin's dinner, and a couple other review dinners on here, I think planning is about done!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Open-Faced Pot Roast Sandwich w/Gravy Dip by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Jean. I hav...)
One down and two to go for me too on the B'day dinners. When I saw your name, I thought, what's Dapne doing home... duh, not only do I not know what time it is anymore, don't know the days either.

Happy weekend!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com