Stir Fry Recipes?
  Re: (...)
Does anyone know of a great source online for stirfry recipes? Or even just a favorite stirfry recipe of your own? I am starting to crave asian food lately (who knows why, it was italian all winter long) and there are so many variations. I like fast, easy recipes but I do prefer fresh ingredients mostly. Thanks!!
  Re: Stir Fry Recipes? by carolekv (Does anyone know of ...)
I make a lot of stir-fry dishes, here are two of my favorites, both using noodles (which we prefer) rather than rice. I would expect that, eliminating the noodles, you could serve the chicken, veggies, and sauce over rice).

* Exported from MasterCook *

Soba Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables

Recipe By: Vicci
Servings: 2

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons water -- (if you have any on hand, chicken or vegetable broth would be better)
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 large garlic clove -- crushed
3/4 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
6 ounces soba noodles
6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast -- sliced into thin strips
3 ounces carrots -- julienned, about 1 cup
4 ounces broccoli florets -- about 2 cups
4 ounces red bell pepper -- cut into 1/4" wide strips, about 1 cup
2 large green onions -- sliced; save green tops to garnish
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts

Place a pot of water on to boil for cooking the noodles. Combine the hoisin sauce through the Sriracha sauce in a small cup and set aside.

Prepare vegetables and chicken and set aside.

In a nonstick wok over medium-high heat, drizzle one teaspoon of the canola oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until the chicken is opaque and no pink remains. Remove, with a slotted spoon, to a bowl and set aside.

At this point, add the soba noodles to the boiling water. Since they can overcook so easily, set a timer for a minute or two less than the time indicated on the package instructions.

Heat the remaining oil in the wok (still over medium-high heat) and add the carrots and broccoli. Stir fry for 2 minutes and add the red bell pepper and stir fry for another minute. Add the green onions (except for the green tops) and stir fry for one additional minute. Add the chicken, with the accumulated juices in the bowl, and the sauce. Stir. Drain the noodles, shake the colander to get rid of excess water, and fold the soba noodles into the chicken and vegetable mixture.

Divide between 2 plates, sprinkle with reserved green onion and chopped peanuts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 545 Calories (kcal); 6g Total Fat; (10% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 90g Carbohydrate; 49mg Cholesterol; 1698mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

Fresh Chinese Noodles with Vegetables and Chicken

Recipe By: Vicci
Servings: 2

6 ounces fresh Chinese noodles
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon black vinegar
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine -- or dry sherry
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon hot chile sauce
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 small cloves garlic -- minced
1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast -- thinly sliced
3 ounces red bell pepper -- sliced into 1/4" strips; about 1 cup
3 ounces snow peas -- cut into directions (#3 below); about 1 cup
3 ounces baby spinach leaves -- 2 cups, loosely packed
2 whole scallions -- thinly sliced
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
1 tablespoon minced fresh mint

Cook Chinese noodles in boiling water, drain, and toss with sesame oil. Set aside.

Mix the sauce ingredients (chicken broth through chile sauce) in a bowl and set aside.

Working with about 4-5 snow peas at a time, stack them on top of each other and cut the entire stack, vertically, into thirds. Set aside

Heat the oil in a nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garilc and ginger and stir fry for about 15 seconds, then add the chicken and stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add the red pepper strips and snow peas and stir fry for another 2 minutes.

Pour about 2/3 of the sauce mixture into the wok, then stir in the noodles baby spinach and scallions . Turn the heat down to medium, stir 1 teaspoon of cornstarch into the remaining sauce and then add that to the wok, stirring constantly until thickened.

Divide between 2 plates, sprinkle with cilantro and mint.

Per serving: 561 Calories (kcal); 13g Total Fat; (20% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 84g Carbohydrate; 49mg Cholesterol; 537mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 5 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Stir Fry Recipes? by foodfiend (I make a lot of stir...)
Those look good, Vicci! I'll copy and save both. We are really enjoying Asian food lately, so I know William will enjoy these.

Recently, I made a review dinner and decided to add bok choy to the menu, but didn't know what I wanted to do with it. After a search, I found this recipe and REALLY liked it...especially the stir fry sauce. Be sure to read the note about the sauce at the end. If I hadn't had so much trouble with the sweet Thai chili sauce (It was not available and had to make that before I could make the dish. I'll be buying some next time at the Asian market.), I would have gone back and made a double batch of the stir fry sauce to keep on hand. You may want to check out the source for more recipes like this.

Bok Choy Stir-Fried in Thai Garlic Sauce

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sides and Sauces

5 " heads" of bok choy or baby bok choy (OR substitute broccoli -- or any Chinese-style vegetable) (5 to 6)
1 Tbsp. oil for stir-frying
STIR-FRY SAUCE:
2 Tbsp. oyster sauce (or vegetarian oyster sauce)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. fish sauce (or vegetarian fish sauce - available at Vietnamese food stores)
2 Tbsp. sweet Thai chili sauce (available by the bottle at larger grocery stores OR Asian/Chinese foods stores)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 squeeze lime juice (about 2 tsp.)
1 Tbsp. pureed garlic -- OR 7-8 cloves minced garlic

Rinse the bok choy and cut off the white stem section at the base of each head (if there is one). Separate the heads into individual leaves. If the white sections of these leaves are very wide or large, you can slice them in half lengthwise, or into thirds.

If stir-frying larger Chinese cabbage than bok choy or baby bok choy: Slice off the green leaves. Add the thicker white sections to the wok first, then throw in the leaves at the end (these will cook very fast).

Mix all the stir-fry sauce ingredients together in a bowl or cup. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.

Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high to high heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add oil and swirl around.

Now add the bok choy plus 2-3 Tbsp. stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes, or until pan/wok starts to become dry.

Now add another 2-3 Tbsp. sauce and continue stir-frying another 2-3 minutes, or until the bok choy is bright green and the white stems are softened but still crunchy.

Taste-test the bok choy with the sauce. Add more sugar if too sour for your taste, or more lime juice if too salty. Also, fresh minced chili or dried chili can be added if you prefer it spicier. If you prefer more sauce, add a little more, as desired.

To serve, lift out the bok choy and place on a serving platter or in a serving bowl, then pour the sauce (from the bottom of the wok or pan) over. Serve immediately with plenty of Thai jasmine-scented rice. ENJOY!

S(Internet Address):
"http://thaifood.about.com/od/thairecipes/r/stirfrybokchoy.htm"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 22 Calories; trace Fat (0.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 516mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : Tip: Keep extra stir-fry sauce (in a covered jar or container) in your refrigerator for up to 1 month. This sauce is excellent with many different kinds of stir-fried vegetables, as well as with chicken, tofu or wheat gluten, pork, and seafood. Enjoy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Stir Fry Recipes? by Gourmet_Mom (Those look good, Vic...)
We love stir fries - and the best, I think, are just cleaning out the fridge. Using any of the seasonings above and add whatever you have. YUM>
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Stir Fry Recipes? by cjs (We love stir fries -...)
These ideas look great - thank you!