What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21??
  Re: (...)
We're off to the farmers market (College of the Desert COD) Erin mentioned a couple days ago. So will wait to plan dinner. But, may make her (Erin's) B'day dinner.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21?? by cjs (We're off to the far...)
We have a wine tasting this afternoon so dinner will be leftovers. Oddly enough, Erin's birthday dinner!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21?? by cjs (We're off to the far...)
Well, my very sweet hubby was away for the weekend (snowmobiling with his BIL). I am sure after a cold weekend, he will be in the mood for home-cookin'.

I am going to make a pork shoulder roast that I got for $1/lb the other day. Its about 6 lbs. Along with that some mashed potatoes, gravy. I will also heat up some sauerkraut that his mom makes every year. It's really good with dill, onions and green peppers in it. Very krisp and she freezes it. I also have some fresh asparagus I have to 'get rid of' before it loses it's appeal.

***Slight change in plans, I found a wonderful BBQ rub. I rubbed the roast and put it in a crockpot. I will make butter and parsley yellow potatoes, skip the sauerkraut and keep the aspargus.

I found a recipe for Virginia Box Bread , they swear it is eggy, moist and EASY. Let's see if I can pull off this recipe without BLOWING it! Actually I found out the other day that the 'vital wheat gluten' I had been using was actually 'rice flour'! Smack myself on the forhead.

[Image: 124515.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21?? by luvnit (Well, my very sweet ...)
Leftovers, tonight. Daphne's birthday-review dinner tomorrow.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21?? by labradors (Leftovers, tonight. ...)
Me too. Erin's Birthday dinner.
Shannon
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21?? by Dismc (Me too. Erin's Birt...)
We're having the Bahn Mi Burgers with Daikon Slaw, with one exception. The grocery store in town no longer carries daikon...it was a one time thing. To improvise, I got some radish and cabbage. I figure I'll use about half and half and hopefully get something close. (Unless someone comes along to advise using ALL radish. Bear in mind, though, these are bag radish, not fresh; therefore, much stronger than fresh.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having the Bah...)
I bet kolrabi (kholrabi??) would be good also. probably harder to find than daikon, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21?? by cjs (I bet kolrabi (kholr...)
No, I have never seen the kholrabi. I had seen the daikon and was excited to try it. Oh well!

Looks like you won't be cooking tonight...LOL! You'll have to post dinner pics tomorrow, ya' know! So don't forget your camera!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21?? by Gourmet_Mom (No, I have never see...)
We are going to a friends for dinner. Made White Chocolate Cranberry cookies to take.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 2/21?? by esgunn (We are going to a fr...)
My camera is in my purse as we speak!

[Image: CANOEAPPYFORTWO.jpg]
from November in Hawaii
www.achefsjourney.com