Saturday's Dinner? 2/27
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to?

We have a long day of driving, so pre-baked my last pkg. of ribs and will just have to grill them for a little tonight when we stop. Maybe with some orzo.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner? 2/27 by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
Quote:

What's everyone up to?

We have a long day of driving, so pre-baked my last pkg. of ribs and will just have to grill them for a little tonight when we stop. Maybe with some orzo.

This is Open That Bottle Nite!!! We're having rack of lamb with 6 guests--will report on dinner and the wines we share!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? 2/27 by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)

I am going to try the Thai Cashew Noodles with spicy Scallops from the new issue #80. Can't wait to try that cashew butter that goes into it.

And Jean, thanks for the Ribs idea for tomorrow!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? 2/27 by chef_Tab ([br]I am going to tr...)
After several false plans, I am FINALLY making MY Birthday Dinner. I'm getting ready to go prep it. Everyone has been really good about not mentioning it, other than planning. I guess that's a good sign. This being the last of the three dinners, it's going to be a long 8 days before we review next Monday...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? 2/27 by Gourmet_Mom (After several false ...)
I still have the sort ribs to do (tomorrow) and I'm really looking forward to it.
Shannon
  Re: Saturday's Dinner? 2/27 by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
It's another banner day here! Hubby is cooking again. This time he's making a Tex-Mex Lasagna. Another great home-cooked family dish.

He's such a sweetheart.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? 2/27 by luvnit (It's another banner ...)
Oh, my! This turned out to be great!

When I tried the Tempranillo, the other day, then read more about it later on, there was a mention of its going very well with chipotle.

With that in mind, I decided to make something with pork and chipotle, but wasn't quite sure which way to take it. Deciding each part of this on the fly, I came up with a Simple Pork-Chipotle Stew that was DELICIOUS, and the Tempranillo DID go with it very well. This was so good that I didn't want to lose track of what was done, so I've already put it into recipe form. Note that I used a couple of ingredients that are available locally, but have also listed approximate equivalents

Simple Pork-Chipotle Stew

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
  • 1 Large Onion, peeled, halved and sliced
  • 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 Lb. Boneless pork,cut into one-inch cubes
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
  • 1 Packet Vegetable bouillon (or 2 cups vegetable stock)
  • 1 Garlic bouillon cube (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
  • 4 Cups Water (or only 2 cups if using vegetable stock instead of vegetable bouillon)
  • 1 Lb New potatoes
  • 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
Instructions:
  1. Sauté the onion and the garlic in the vegetable oil.
  2. Add the pork, salt and pepper and brown the pork on all sides.
  3. Add the chipotles and bouillons and stir well.
  4. Add the water and potatoes and bring to a boil.
  5. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are fork tender.
  6. Remove cover, add tomato paste, and simmer 10 minutes more.
Not only was this delicious with the Tempranillo, but it was also great for sopping up with some buttered bread. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? 2/27 by labradors (Oh, my! This turned...)
aha! Another Tempranillo lover!! Bet it was good with that!

That's right, Bill -forgot about your lamb dinner this evening - hope all is great and I'm anxious to hear what wines went with what and did your old ones (wines) hold up to time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com