A Plethora of Pizza Dough Recipes!
  Re: (...)
Came across these as I was looking for a dough to make after skiing but before the Olympic hockey game, which would be ready to bake after the hockey game... have I confused anyone?!?

http://www.fogazzo.com/html/pizza_dough.html

These look great. Well, except for the "basic" recipe which uses lard (and what is baker's yeast in crumbs??)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: A Plethora of Pizza Dough Recipes! by foodfiend (Came across these as...)
Well, I just got back home, and I DO understand what you're saying, but at this point, the hockey game starts in 15 minutes, and that's not long enough for ANY of those doughs to proof, so you'll need to find a plan B.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: A Plethora of Pizza Dough Recipes! by foodfiend (Came across these as...)
I was not very happy with my one experience with semolina flour, but I will say, I didn't mix it with any other flour. I'm guessing if I had done that, I may would have liked it better. Let us know how it goes. I'll stick with Jean's for now...it's just soooo good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Plethora of Pizza Dough Recipes! by Gourmet_Mom (I was not very happy...)
"I'll stick with Jean's for now...it's just soooo good!" ...uhhh, would that be from the book, Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! by chance??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Plethora of Pizza Dough Recipes! by cjs ("I'll stick with Jea...)
Why, yes, it is! I saved the plug for you....LOL!

You know I love that dough so much, I haven't even tried any of the others.
Daphne
  Re: Re: A Plethora of Pizza Dough Recipes! by Gourmet_Mom (Why, yes, it is! I ...)
So Jean has a pizza dough recipe which I am unfamiliar with???? Is there a link to it???

I made the semolina dough, went out for 45 minutes (cross-country skiing so I just stepped out of the back door, snapped them on, and was off!), returned, punched down the dough and divided it between the first and second periods of the hockey game, put half in the freezer and set the other half back in the bowl in a cool place to "hang out" until I'm ready for it (in about a half hour). *whew*

I have to say that the full recipe was to make 6 individual crusts, but I'm only going to get 2 out of a half recipe. The weight of the finished (half recipe) dough was 24 ounces, and I've found that 12 ounces of dough is just right for a pizza for us.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: A Plethora of Pizza Dough Recipes! by foodfiend (So Jean has a pizza ...)
This has been posted a number of times, but I'll post it here since it's easier to just copy it from MC. (Well, heck, there's the link on the recipe.) Jean has a number of other combinations in her latest cookbook, "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!" It's a small little book with LOTS of pizza ideas and a number of dough recipes. It is uniquely set up so you can mix and match.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Jean's Pizza Dough

Recipe By :Jean
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Baked Goods

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup water -- plus 3 tablespoons
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 3/4 cups bread flour -- (13.5 oz)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour -- (1.1 oz.)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 cup Nonfat Dry Milk Powder -- (.7 oz.)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons Active dry yeast
1 teaspoons Each Dried Oregano & Basil

Using a Mixer: Put everything in the big bowl of a kitchen-aid, mix it for 5 to 7 minutes, let it rise right in the bowl, then punch it down, it's ready to use or cover it with plastic and use the next day.

For individual pizzas - divide dough into quarters or thirds. Either freeze, refrigerate till needed, or top immediately with toppings of your choice.

If frozen, let the dough thaw in an oiled plastic bag in the refrigerator overnight.

Oven: Once you have your toppings on the dough, bake at 450° for ~15 min., or till crust is golden.

Grill: Medium to medium high heat - grill for 4 min.; remove from grill and turn grilled side up - you'll want the uncooked side down. Top with toppings; place back on grill for 6 min. more, with the lid closed, rotating if necessary.

Source:
"From Cuisine at Home Forum"
S(Internet Address):
"http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=1&Number=48544&Searchpage=1&Main=48542&Words=pizza+dough+cjs&topic=&Search=true#Post48544"

NOTES : For variation:

"Cubed soft cheese on pizza is far superior to grated mixtures as cubes produce pillows of melted cheese of varying flavours so each bite is just a little different. Hard cheese such as Parm, Romano and Asiago are best if freshly grated into long thin strips."

Jean's notes: 'Za Cheese

So, I now have in my freezer large plastic bags of mixed cubed cheeses -
1 lb. Mozz
1 lb. provolone
1 lb. sharp cheddar

and one of 'grated long thin strips' of -
12 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano
12 oz. Asiago

I used this combination on a pizza last night and it's a wonderful way to add the cheese. I've been grating/shredding the cheeses all my pizza making days - but, no more!

My Notes: I have been using the cubed cheese on my pizzas for a while now and we love it. It makes the pizzas much cheesier!
Daphne
  Re: Re: A Plethora of Pizza Dough Recipes! by Gourmet_Mom (This has been posted...)
Thanks so much for posting Jean's recipe, Daphne. I was not impressed with what I made today, but unfortunately there is another half in the freezer for next Sunday. But the week after that, I'm trying Jean's version!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: A Plethora of Pizza Dough Recipes! by foodfiend (Thanks so much for p...)
Thanks Daphne (and for the kind words). This really is a tasty dough, Vicci and I hope you enjoy it. It makes about 24-27 oz., so perfect for two pizza for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com