Saturday's Dinner - 3/6???
  Re: (...)
The weather is beautiful in Portland, so I hope we do some grilling!!!

What's everyone up to? Good enough weather for grilling?

Home tomorrow. Really not ready, but...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/6??? by cjs (The weather is beaut...)
awww, gee, grilling sounds great and it actually will be above 40. But alas, I have the Jambalaya Pot Pie already planned for tonight. Still trying to use up some chicken.

I am encouraged by the 10 day weather forecast. No snow predicted and even some nights will stay above freezing! Maybe spring is on the way.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/6??? by chef_Tab (awww, gee, grilling ...)
I'm grilling! It's gorgeous here...not a cloud in the sky and supposed to hit the mid 60's today!

I bought buttermilk the other day to make Jean's Blue Cheese Dressing, and I don't want the remainder to go to waste...so, I'm making Grilled Buttermilk Chicken. It marinates in a shallot, garlic, cumin infused milk for hours before grilling, and it's super yummy. Add some corn-on-the-cob and a salad and dinner is served with minimum clean up!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/6??? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm grilling! It's ...)
and...if there's any left after that, Daphne, don't forget Uncle Wallace's pancakes!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/6??? by cjs (and...if there's any...)
Man, I forgot! William LOVES those things! I'd make that Sunday, but I have special plans. Mom invited me to "A Taste of Southport" tomorrow afternoon! Local chefs demonstrate their special dishes with some sampling. I doubt it will be as fancy as some of you guys have described, but I'm really looking forward to it! And yes, I'm taking my camera!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/6??? by Gourmet_Mom (Man, I forgot! Will...)
Oh, doesn't that sound like fun!! Pictures and ideas - yes!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/6??? by cjs (Oh, doesn't that sou...)
Filets in Port Wine Sauce again!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/6??? by BarbaraS (Filets in Port Wine ...)
Daphne, make sure the battery is charged in the camera. It seems to work better that way.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/6??? by chef_Tab (Daphne, make sure th...)
Bless your heart...LOL! While I had intended to put the battery on the charger, I got up right this minute to do so...just in case I forgot. Thanks!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/6??? by Gourmet_Mom (Bless your heart...L...)
It may rain later so we will wait to grill salmon on cedar planks tomorrow. Have never done that.

Tonight I'm going to try one of the shrimp recipes in the new issue - the scampi with the breadcrumbs and parm on top. Similar salad to what it's paired with in the magazine and some saffron rice.