Thursday Dinner, 3/11?
  Re: (...)
What are you all up to?

I think we'll have leftovers with some grilled asparagus (pasta with shrooms, leeks & balsamic and garlic chicken).
Or a roasted chicken with a Summer veggie salad (w/black beans & corn)....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner, 3/11? by cjs (What are you all up ...)
We're having grilled "buffalo chicken", grilled zuchinni, and maybe some stoneground grits made earliler and grilled??? It's Bob's birthday so the grilled Greek dinner is down the tubes. But it's his choice.

We're like stuck on the farm for a few days so no shopping.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 3/11? by Harborwitch (We're having grilled...)
Happy Birthday, Bob!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 3/11? by cjs (Happy Birthday, Bob!...)
I am going to give the spicy garlic chicken with lemon glaze a try and the pasta with shrooms leeks and garlic as a side. I was looking for ideas and that thread just stuck out.

And Happy Birthday to Bob, Sharon! Hope your back is better.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Thursday Dinner, 3/11? by cjs (What are you all up ...)
I am totally unsure.

I will wait to see what ya'll are making.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 3/11? by luvnit (I am totally unsure....)
It's nasty rainy here so we are having pot roast
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 3/11? by (It's nasty rainy her...)
Hi Sonja!

Well, another long day here. I've got Curriculum Night at school and won't be able to get home for good until after 8:30! This has been a late night week!

William is to DO something...don't know what. At least tomorrow is half day for the kids, so I'll just go pick up a club sammie or salad at a local place after the kids leave. I'll have to eat it at our staff development meeting, but it beats crackers. I hope next week is a little less crazy. It's such a shame, I went to all that trouble to plan meals so carefully last weekend and buy frugally...look where it got me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 3/11? by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Sonja![br][br]Wel...)
Well,it's going to be a surprise. My dad's new favorite place to visit is our local cooking school. They make two entrees every day for sale to the public. You can also eat in at lunch time three days a week and have a full course meal, soup to nuts. So, dad called earlier to say he was bringing dinner tonight. They also have a baking school with incredibly wonderful goodies. It should be good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 3/11? by Mare749 (Well,it's going to b...)
Oh, Maryann, I love eating at the culinary schools - we always have such great food. and the students are so proud.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, 3/11? by cjs (Oh, Maryann, I love ...)
Let us know what you have, Maryann!

I'm making the Greek Shrimp Scampi tonight, but will hold off on making any comments until Bill's birthday dinner deadline.