Lemons...oh beautiful lemons
  Re: (...)
So I put up a sign at work that I need lemons and there is no limit to what I'll take. I haven't gotten as many as I would like but I did get enough to get 8 cups of juice (to be used to make lemonade), over a cup of lemon zest - which I put into icecube trays in 1 tsp measurements and then covered with water and going to make 3 batches of limoncello and 2 batches of lemon infused vodka.

I live in a bit citrus area so if all goes well I will have access to 2 large trees on Saturday. We love fresh lemonade but in the summer lemons here are between $.79-.92 cents each! That is highway robbery. So I'm taking advantage of everyone who has a lemon tree I can!
  Re: Lemons...oh beautiful lemons by DFen911 (So I put up a sign a...)
I love it! That is fantastic! You know most of those lemons would have gone to waste if it weren't for your pleas.

Good job.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Lemons...oh beautiful lemons by DFen911 (So I put up a sign a...)
The prices you are talking about are highway robbery. I think in my next house, I'd like to plant a lemon tree. Lemons are so beautiful and versatile. Way to go on scoring so many. I am so going to make some homemade lemonade asap!
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Lemons...oh beautiful lemons by Vanquisher (The prices you are t...)
Oh my, you are a lucky lady! I'm so jealous. Sure wish I lived in a citrus area. What a good idea asking for lemons. I'm sure that people are more than happy to have someone use them rather than go to waste. Years ago, my brother used to bring a crate of oranges with him when he came to visit from Florida. What a treat!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lemons...oh beautiful lemons by Mare749 (Oh my, you are a luc...)
We picked up a Meyer Lemon on this last trip to replace our old one that didn't survive winter before last. I'm so glad to have another one!! Have fun, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemons...oh beautiful lemons by cjs (We picked up a Meyer...)
SCORE! Well done, Denise! Have fun!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lemons...oh beautiful lemons by Gourmet_Mom (SCORE! Well done, D...)
WooHoo this Monday after my root canal, and hopefully while I'm still numb, I have a new hook up for access to 2 trees. Derek is already looking at me with great dismay because our juicer is his hands and a manual squeezer. Hahaha but I'm giddy I'm going to get my vodka tomorrow and more ice trays for the zest. Come this summer it'll all be worth it.
  Re: Re: Lemons...oh beautiful lemons by DFen911 (WooHoo this Monday a...)
Tell Derek he is lucky you are letting him use the manual squeezer after that anniversary gift! haha. Party at Denise's this summer.

Oh and sorry about the root canal. That stinks.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Lemons...oh beautiful lemons by chef_Tab (Tell Derek he is luc...)
I thought you had the root canal the Monday we left! You had to wait that much longer??? Poor babe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemons...oh beautiful lemons by cjs (I thought you had th...)
Oh gawd I hate root canals. Geeze poor girl.

When we left CA the lemon tree was loaded with fruit. All my lovely citrus trees got left behind. Sniff, whimper. We will grow dwarf citrus as house plants!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!