T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12??
  Re: (...)
What are you up to?

I roasted a chicken yesterday to use for quick dinners - is there anything better than a simple roasted chicken?? So, tonight we're having the Pecan Crusted (without the pecan crust) salad and Olive Cheddar Rounds from the Sandwiches & Salads book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12?? by cjs (What are you up to?[...)
I am going to make the Spicy Garlic Chicken with lemon glaze tonight. It was on the menu for last night, but I swapped and last night we had the Zesty Salmon Burgers instead. Those just have to be one of my all time favorites. I was smart enough to double the recipe so I could have one for lunch today. Almost ate it for breakfast......just can't wait.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12?? by chef_Tab (I am going to make t...)
"Zesty Salmon Burgers" - remind me where those are, Theresa, please.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12?? by cjs ("Zesty Salmon Burger...)
Cuisine Light cookbook, and there is a thread somewhere with the recipe typed out and my initial review. You had commented that madmax raved about them too. Double everything, you wont regret it. I serve them on some nice rolls instead of english muffins.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12?? by chef_Tab (Cuisine Light cookbo...)
Yes, those salmon burgers were good!! We're having mini crab cakes, steamed littleneck clams with red sauce linquini and white asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12?? by cjs ("Zesty Salmon Burger...)
Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers
#94893 - Mon Jan 25 2010 07:03 PM
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12?? by (Review: Cuisine Lite...)
I am working on our menu for the next week. We have several things that are C@H on the near horizon:

• Salmon cakes (Vicci's rendition) with the citrus potatoes
  • Asian Lime Ribs (C@H a long time ago)
  • Garlic Chicken Alfredo (C@H issue No. 80)
  • Bold and Spicy Chicken Wings (I will use thighs instead) with cranberry glaze (C@H Issue No. 80)
  • Weiner Winks (for the kids - Maggie wants to do another cooking episode; start to finish and make these as Chef-a-nota from Minnesota . If it's good I'll share.)
  • Pesto Ribeye Caesar Salad (this is probably tonight)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12?? by luvnit (I am working on our ...)
"If it's good I'll share.)" Well, we know the acting will be, guess it depends on the recipe, but wouldn't it be fun to see their reaction if they didn't like it?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12?? by cjs ("If it's good I'll s...)
Laura, I agree with Jean. I'd love to see it either way! AND I added the Alfredo to MC last weekend, so I'm going to put that on next week's menu, also. Thanks for the reminder.

It is absolutely GORGEOUS outside! I was going to make Uncle Wallace's Pancakes with Bacon Syrup and sausage...but I can't do it. I just called William to inform him plans had changed. I'M GRILLING! We're going to have Chimichuri Flank Steak Fajitas with Grilled Veggies and Grilled Guacamole. I'm going to fix some Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans to with.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Laura, I agree with ...)
"Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans to with" = yes!

"You had commented that madmax raved about them too." - geez, Theresa, do you have my mind hidden somewhere????
www.achefsjourney.com