Review: Pecan Crusted(less) Chicken Salad
  Re: (...)
Made this last night and used chicken meat (split breast) from the roasted chicken instead of the pecan crusted fried chicken pieces that were called for. Sure happy I did that when after dinner I read the nutrition for the recipe!! 1008 cal; 67g fat; 49g carb; & 1204mg sodium

I'm sure crusting and frying the chicken would have been really good, but the roasted chicken made a great salad. The citrus dressing (with Meyer lemon juice ) is super.

The Olive Cheddar rounds (w/English muffins) call for kalamatas and what a tasty combination with the salad. This recipe calls for 2 cups cheddar for 4 Eng. muffins, which I halfed, but I used no where near 1 cup between 2 muffins. But, I did up the amount of kalamatas from 3 for 4 muffins to 3 or 4 per muffin.

Overall, we both really enjoyed this dinner. and it's great with a riesling.

From Sandwiches & Salads book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Pecan Crusted(less) Chicken Salad by cjs (Made this last night...)
Thanks for the review, Jean. I'll have to give that one a look. It's warming up around here....time to get that book back out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Pean Crusted(less) Chicken Salad by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the revie...)
Grilled chicken would be the best to use now that the weather is cooperating, I'm thinking!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Pean Crusted(less) Chicken Salad by cjs (Grilled chicken woul...)
BTW, your subject line could use another C.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review: Pean Crusted(less) Chicken Salad by labradors (BTW, your subject li...)
pean....uhhhhh, you may be right (and you went nowhere with this??)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Pecan Crusted(less) Chicken Salad by cjs (pean....uhhhhh, you ...)
Hard to take "praise-crusted chicken" very far.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?