Baking Hint
  Re: (...)
No, this is not a joke - a baking tip from the world's worst baker!!!

A lot of times when I make bread/cakes, I make them in individual little tins so I can give some away. When I find the perfect size tin (I have lots of different sizes) to match the dough/batter quantity, I can never remember which one I used. SO, with the advent of the computer cameras and us having instant access to our pictures, I did this this a.m.

Needed to use up some getting old buttermilk and a pretty sad looking banana, so I'm making a chocolate chip banana bread. And, it looks like I used the perfect size pans - I took a picture and I'll tape it to the recipe and I'm good to go next time.

[Image: chocchipbananabread.jpg]

geez, why didn't I think of this a long time ago....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Baking Hint by cjs (No, this is not a jo...)
what a neat idea - thanks for sharing this, Jean. Mister is on some smoking/grilling forums and he always takes photos of all his ingredients when he is making something new so he doesn't forget to post something.
You are a clever gal!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Baking Hint by (what a neat idea - t...)
Now, that's a great idea - sure saves writing down everything. and then you can work on quantities. hmmmmm, like that. Thanks Sonja and Mister!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Baking Hint by cjs (Now, that's a great ...)
Jean, could you tell me what brand is that pan in the photo? I don't think I have ever seen one of those. I make a lot of mini loaves in those throw-away pans but I would surely like to have one of what that is in the photo - thanks a bunch.
  Re: Re: Baking Hint by (Jean, could you tell...)
Cool idea!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Baking Hint by Gourmet_Mom (Cool idea!...)
Sonja, it's a Wilson pan - sure is nice.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Baking Hint by cjs (Sonja, it's a Wilson...)
thanks, Jean - looking for one now -
How clever Jean! I'll keep that in mind.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Baking Hint by Harborwitch (How clever Jean! I'...)
That would probably be even better for you if MC allowed attaching photos to a recipe.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?