What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26?
  Re: (...)
How are you all ending the week?? Steaks at Daphne's, I guess?

We're having leftover 'turkey dinner' -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26? by cjs (How are you all endi...)
I guess it depends on our road.

[Image: IMG_6708_edited.jpg]

If we can get through and into town it might change my plans. Otherwise, I'm going to bake some popcorn sandwich rolls and make wasabi shrimp & crab salad sandwiches with spicy cucumbers.

Oh, those are Canadian Geese walking/swimming across our road.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26? by Harborwitch (I guess it depends o...)
geez, what a picture, Sharon - think I'd go with the sandwiches....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26? by cjs (geez, what a picture...)
I am going to make some dinner rolls, yet another recipe. I have tried so many and can't seem to find that perfect balance of light, sweet (like em sweet), and yeasty. I need to go to the store and get some more yeast. Other than that, I am not really sure, the pineapple planked chicken sounds really good. Right now, I am looking for some inspiration.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26? by Vanquisher (I am going to make s...)
Pizza! Using the Crusty Italian Bread (with a pinch of cornmeal) recipe for the dough. You can't believe how much basil is growing and still going strong in my little Aerogrow
Plank Chicken with Pineapple could be a weekend treat, the pineapple seems ripe (now that I know how to tell) and Jame is hunting up some planks. Spring...it's a balmy 20 degrees here
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26? by Vanquisher (I am going to make s...)
Try these - they're light, fluffy, and sweet.

Custard Rich Rolls

1 Cup Warm Milk 80F
1/4 Cup Water, warm 80F
1/4 Cup Butter Softened
1 Egg
1 tsp Salt
4 Cups Bread Flour
1/4 Cup Vanilla Pudding mix or egg custard or flan mix
1 Tbl Sugar
1 Tbl Instant Dry Yeast

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. After five minutes of mixing add 1 to 2 Tbl Water or Flour(whichever is needed).
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Form into rolls, place into pan and cover. Let rise in a warm place. About 1 hour.
Bake in a pre-heated oven 350F for 20 -25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for five minutes. Coat top with melted butter. Serve
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26? by Harborwitch (Try these - they're ...)
I am not sure. Thawed a pound of hamburger. Probably burritos after gym. I'll cook it up before we go. Have to get school in, cook the hamburger, and do Steph's "Gym Hair" before we go to practice. We have to be at the competition tomorrow morning at 7:45!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26? by esgunn (I am not sure. Thaw...)
"Try these - they're light, fluffy, and sweet."

I made those custard rolls and they were yummy, Sharon!

Dinner tonight, we are all going out to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday. I'm thinking shrimp sounds good...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26? by Mare749 ("Try these - they're...)
I'm off to make popcorn bread for the shrimp sandwiches tonight. The water over the road froze last night, so it's still ankle deep and now it's ice covered.

Sheesh I told Bob we need to find a place with snow all year and a few sunny days every week. Happiness. LOL I hate mud, muck, and flooding.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 3/26? by Harborwitch (Try these - they're ...)
Your Custard Rich Rolls are rising as we speak and should go into the oven in about 45 minutes!

We will have them tonight with Pork Chops and gravy! Cauliflower for our veggie!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura