Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart
  Re: (...)
I just had to share. Pioneer Woman has a new website for member recipe sharing called Tasty Kitchen. She posted some pictures on her regular blog which included this one (from a member), and I HAD to check it out. This looks ridiculously delicious and easy! I can't wait to make it!

[Image: IMG_1698-682x1024-199x300.jpg]

* 1 package Puff Pastry
* 1 bunch Asparagus, Ends Trimmed
* ½ cups Gruyere
* ¼ cups Parmesan
* 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
* 1 pinch Salt
* 1 pinch Pepper

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven according to puff pastry directions. Thaw the puff pastry according to the manufacturer’s directions. Once thawed, sprinkle half of the cheeses onto the puff pastry. Line the asparagus on top of the cheese. Scatter the rest of the cheese on top of the asparagus and drizzle with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the pastry dough has puffed and the asparagus is roasted and cooked through.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart by Gourmet_Mom (I just had to share....)
Oh man that looks delicious. If you used just tips it could make a good appy too!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart by esgunn (Oh man that looks de...)
This would be great with broccoli.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart by labradors (This would be great ...)
I am making this tomorrow!! I have all the ingredients too Thanks Daphne, Laura says thank you too. Just got home from picking her up at the airport and she's thrilled she gets real food for a week. Hahaha.
  Re: Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart by Gourmet_Mom (I just had to share....)
Well for Pete's sake I am gonna have to try this recipe! As for the crust, it reminded me of an old thread on this forum. Some of you may remember, it was for an easy, homemade puff pastry dough. If you have a food processor, you can make it! Here's a link:

10 Minute Puff Pastry Dough
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart by luvnit (Well for Pete's sake...)
What's the oven temperature?? ~375°F? That sure looks good.

I never did make Linda's puff pastry - Lorraine did, did anyone else?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart by cjs (What's the oven temp...)
I made it once but I honestly don't remember the results. I will definitely try it and give a review this time.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart by cjs (What's the oven temp...)
Quote:

I never did make Linda's puff pastry - Lorraine did, did anyone else?

I use it all the time, especially for the Mushroom and Chicken Sausage Rolls, since I can't get the packaged kind here (and since making the real thing from scratch is a lot of work). It works very well and tastes great. It doesn't rise as much, but that's to be expected.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That looks really good! Wondering how it cuts for serving presentation. Would you serve strips?
  Re: Re: Asparagus, Gruyere, and Parmesan Tart by HomeCulinarian (That looks really go...)
good question, Jeanette - cutting puff pastry used to give me fits!!! Finally learned to pre-cut, kind of.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com