What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1
  Re: (...)
Happy April Fool's day - any pranks goin' on today?

What's on your menu?

We're having Mu Shu Beef Wraps from the Cooking Lite book - anyone made these yet?

Boy, did we clean out Cash & Carry yesterday! I ended up buying a 2nd ham (keep in mind there is just the two of us ) for Easter. I had already bought a Hempler (our favorite) a week of so ago, but then I decided to give it a double smoke and I went from there to thinking a spiral cut ham would be much better for putting in the smoker and gettig the smoke thru it all, so now we have ham coming out of our ears.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1 by cjs (Happy April Fool's d...)
Not sure what we are having, yet! But we have an evening alone... actually two evenings. So I am trying to find that 'something special' to make. Something we don't normally make when kids are around.

I am feverishly looking through magazines and cookbooks to find the perfect thing.

Looks like I have found something. It has a pretty good review from back in 2008. It was in a C@H Issue No. 69. Here is a link to the old thread:

Grilled Gyros Kebabs
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1 by luvnit (Not sure what we are...)
Mister is going to watch his son in a pool tournament so I'm going to have chili - it's too hot for Mister so it is a good "alone" dish - Jean, you can never have too much ham!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1 by (Mister is going to w...)
I think I agree with you,Sonja! One is all chunked up and in the freezer and I'll play with the other.

Laura, I remember us talking about the gyros, but I never did get them made. I'm glad you brought this one up again.

The miso dressing for the cole slaw for tonight's dinner is great! and so is the marinade for the beef. I think it's gonna be a good dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1 by cjs (I think I agree with...)
We're planning our vegetarian meal for tonight. It's an eggplant gratin from either Cooking Light or Cooking for Two.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1 by HomeCulinarian (We're planning our v...)
Sundried tomato and garlic crusted chicken with caprese salad.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1 by cjs (I think I agree with...)
I'm going to let William grill burgers...something he can do alone. We'll bake or fry some FF and put the salad on the burger. I plan to finish up my grades tonight. Then tomorrow I can make up my plans for the week after the break. That way, I won't have ANYTHING to think about (that I don't WANT to think about) for 10 days!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to let Wil...)
Quote:

Then tomorrow I can make up my plans for the week after the break. That way, I won't have ANYTHING to think about (that I don't WANT to think about) for 10 days!!!!

I still have to make my lesson plans for after the spring break as well but since I'm giving tests tomorrow, I should be able to get them done before my last class ends. Unfortunately, I also have 75 research papers to revise over the break, but at least I'll be able to do it on my schedule.

We had the flatbread special at a local pub for dinner tonight (chicken, spinach, gruyere, onion rings and chipotle bbq sauce). Easy and yummy (particularly when accompanied by a nice cocktail).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1 by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Boy talk about this being a good Friday - especially for you teachers!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thrusday, 4/1 by cjs (Boy talk about this ...)
Especially when the superintendent emails and tells us we can all go home at 1PM! Boy, am I glad I stayed up late posting grades last night!!!!! I left a bunch of them out there still working on grades.

Did I feel any regret when I put that top down, doned my straw hat, and sped away? NOPE!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.