April 2010 Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
I looked, but I didn't find an April Dinner Review. Are we gonna have one?

Here are the April birthdays:

APRIL -
firechef/LJ- April 13
FoodFiend/Vicci - 4/20
Ellen - April 23rd
Jenni - April 28th

Gosh have we seen LJ in a while? I don't recall an Ellen or a Jenni. Looks like it will be Vicci/Foodfiend.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: April 2010 Dinner Review by luvnit (I looked, but I didn...)
I sure hope Vicci wants to do one - if not there are so many birthdays in May, we can just start with them. Vicci, you have to eat something.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: April 2010 Dinner Review by cjs (I sure hope Vicci wa...)
I thought she had an idea...or was going to get one.

Yo, Vicci, get your face outta the baked goods and post your menu!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: April 2010 Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (I thought she had an...)
Vicci...I'm moving this to the top for you to see. I know you're stressed, so if you want to postpone...We can let the May birthdays post. When you get MIL settled, you can post a dinner review....like in July, when there aren't that many birthdays. Or is that June......JEEEEAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!

To be helpful...here are the summer birthdays:

Buzzard767 - May 4th
Vanquisher/Heidi - May 5th
Chrismar - May 7th
Maryann - May 25th
PJ - May 28
Barbarainnc - May 28th
Jean - May 28th

JUNE -
BobMc - June 8th
marzyn - June 18th

JULY -
Bizymomma/Angela - July 5th
meg/Mlucas I - July 7th
chefelle - July 20th
jawahein - July 26tI think May's covered. June and July are iffy though. So V

So you see, Vicci, you could wait for mid to late summer and post a FABULOUS veggie recipe...

Whatcha think?

Daphne
  Re: Re: April 2010 Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci...I'm moving t...)
With all she has on her plate, I think that's a great idea for Vicci - and just think of all the veggies that will be available.

So, Heidi, want to plan a Birthday menu? This will be your first, won't it? Hope you do. And then Maryann can do hers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: April 2010 Dinner Review by cjs (With all she has on ...)
You know, as much as I am looking forward to posting my Birthday Dinner (I actually started this a few weeks ago and it's almost complete!), I am going to take your kind suggestions and pass for this month. There's just too much going on (as I've whined about over and over and over...).

Anyway, may I take June and merge DH's birthday (8th) with mine for a Two-fer Celebration?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: April 2010 Dinner Review by foodfiend (You know, as much as...)
Vicci, I think everyone would agree that you deserve a pass!

My next concern would be, what I would choose to review. Do I wait for the next magazine, or do I post now to claim a recipe already published? HMMMM?
Daphne
  Re: Re: April 2010 Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci, I think every...)
Well, the menu I chose is in an old issue since I haven't yet received the most recent (just started the subscription, "3-4 weeks" HA!) so I'm figuring that I'm safe.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: April 2010 Dinner Review by foodfiend (Well, the menu I cho...)
I am willing to choose a birthday dinner. How does this work? Guide me through this like I am a newbie.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: April 2010 Dinner Review by Vanquisher (I am willing to choo...)
Heidi, all you have to do is start a separate thread titled something like: "Vanquisher's (or Heidi's) Birthday Menu". In your post you list your menu from a current publication or older one...something you haven't tried, but would LIKE to try. Be sure to include the issue and page number of the recipe(s). If everyone doesn't have that publication, you can type up the recipes. If you prefer a different side than the one that accompanies the entree, that's fine. I don't usually include a dessert, but that's just because we don't have dessert at my house very often. That part is up to you.

A word of warning, if you choose from an older issue, it's possible that the recipe has already been reviewed...you may want to check. If you need help searching to check, let us know and someone will be able to tell you. Since it's possible older recipes have been reviewed, I usually choose from the newer issues. That way, if it's been reviewed, I'll remember....usually.

We usually allow two weeks for a dinner review and post on that Monday. If you get yours posted by Monday, we could review on Monday, April 21st.
Daphne