Saturday's Dinner, 4/3
  Re: (...)
(I'm not turning this darn calendar until I make that potato pizza!!!!!)

What's on everyone's menu?

We're having (from the Slow Cooker book) BBQ baby back ribs and the apples & herb pasta salad. maybe some garlic bread.

So many of you are having great weather now (and you all really deserve it after this winter), but we're still in the throws of a winter storm. High winds, rain. Crappy, so no way am I standing out in it to grill.

I have a new clothesline upstairs for the last week and haven't even been able to try it out. Oh, and the new spice rack? I'm going to love it, but I don't think anyone who is innately neat and orderly would like it. Will post a picture when it's done.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/3 by cjs ((I'm not turning thi...)
Tonight, it will be Vicci's Seared Tofu with Gingered Vegetables. I've already frozen and thawed the firm tofu to try Vicci's suggestion for turning it into extra-firm tofu (as if I would really know the difference - LOL!).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/3 by labradors (Tonight, it will be ...)
We're doing clam bake on the grill! YUM! I'll take pictures!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/3 by Gourmet_Mom (We're doing clam bak...)
Uhhhh, next to catfish....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/3 by cjs (Uhhhh, next to catfi...)
If it'll make you feel better, we're not getting the crab legs...I don't think.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/3 by Gourmet_Mom (If it'll make you fe...)
Spaghetti with braised leeks and garlic.

Jean sorry to hear about the weather. The ribs will make ya feel summery

Daphne can't wait to see the pics
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/3 by DFen911 (Spaghetti with brais...)
I'm grilling chicken breasts marinated in Meyer lemon juice, white wine worcestershire, and Holy City Heat (Daphne? This is from Charleston--are you familiar with it?) Will report.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/3 by Old Bay (I'm grilling chicken...)
Left over roast turkey dinner. It was so good I can't understand why we don't have that more often. (Oh, the mess! )
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/3 by Old Bay (I'm grilling chicken...)
We had Easter dinner: ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls, spinach and strawberry salad. My husband is leaving for another three months tomorrow morning, so we celebrated a day early.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/3 by Vanquisher (We had Easter dinner...)
Bill, I'm not a big hot sauce fan, so I don't collect them. Anxious to hear what you think.

The clams bake was almost a bust, but Baby Girl called and said she was coming tonight. I called a seafood market in the city and they had plenty, so BG stopped to pick up some. I should have given more explicit instructions. Almost half are more like chowder clams. I'm glad I got twice what I thought we'd eat. I guess I'll be making clam chowder tomorrow night. Not a bad thing, I'm thinking.
Daphne