Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review
  Re: (...)
Another good one!BBQ'd baby back ribs and apples & herbs pasta salad - we really enjoyed this one, too.

The house smelled so good and sticking the ribs under the broiler with bbq sauce at the end almost made me feel like I had grilled ( ) - almost. darn weather.

The only change I would make to the salad is to make 1 1/2 times the dressing. The pasta really sucked it up by the time we ate (I made it probably 4 hours ahead of time). It also makes a large amount, so I'll half it next time for us. But, great flavors (the mint and basil - so good) and it all came together.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review by cjs (Another good one!BBQ...)
My inlaws do their ribs in the slow cooker all the time and they are always so tender. Ron's complaint is that they are too soft. I like the idea of putting them in the broiler or on the grill because that might firm them up a bit the way he prefers his ribs.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review by Mare749 (My inlaws do their r...)
I'm with Ron and I think it does help - plus I cut down the time a little, so they aren't 'fall off the bone' tender.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review by cjs (I'm with Ron and I t...)
I agree with not liking them fall of the bone, but I still might try this. Thanks for the tips!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review by Gourmet_Mom (I agree with not lik...)
So, how long did you cook them?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review by Mare749 (So, how long did you...)
It saide 6-7 hours on low, so I did about 5 3/4 hours. give or take.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review by cjs (It saide 6-7 hours o...)
Does anyone have the Slow Cooker book the above ribs came from?? I'd love to make them again, but I don't have those books with me. Thanks.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review by cjs (Does anyone have the...)
Jean, I have one of the slow cooker books and it does have a rib recipe in the appetizer section. They are called Red Glazed Ribs and have an Asian-inspired BBQ sauce. Is that the recipe you are looking for? It does not have the pasta salad you mentioned.
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review by Mare749 (Jean, I have one of ...)
Here is the pasta salad recipe.

http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2010/02/18...sta-salad/
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Ribs & Pasta Salad Review by Trixxee (Here is the pasta sa...)
And here is the rib recipe.

http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2010/02/18...back-ribs/