Book Idea For Cuisine At Home
  Re: (...)
Hey C@H!

Throughout the 13 years I've been subscribing to the mag from the Premier volume, I've realized that there's one book you haven't done! How about a book on "How To's", "Tips", and "Techniques"?! Those were always the "icings" included in your mags that I've sticky-taped for quicker reference.

It would take going through every issue from the get-go, but boy would that save a lot of searching and would help those who have subscribed only within the past years that have missed out on all that great knowledge!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Book Idea For Cuisine At Home by BarbaraS (Hey [url=mailto:C@H!...)
Very cool idea, Barbara. I bet you'll get attention from this! That would buy them some time to come up with another AWESOME publication of great new recipes! Even though I haven't got my hands on the first one, I think another Cuisine Light for summer would be great....you know..."lighten" up some of the old favorites!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Book Idea For Cuisine At Home by Gourmet_Mom (Very cool idea, Barb...)
Hey, not everyone can take their computer into the kitchen to watch a video and C@H had great step-by-step pics of techniques of frenching and butterflying roasts and stuffs.

Reading about different types of mushrooms and how much liquid they give off during cooking and what to expect, priceless.

Knowing what the diff is about salts. Lovely, I look for these salts now.

Reading readers' tips and techniques about centering eggs for further boiling to make Deviled Eggs look that much better. Gee, I love when people ask me for that tip! ("How the F does she DO that?") Meowrrr Hissss hisssss!

It was a combination of all these that made C@H a step above the other mags that just spewed ads and recipes. And it's why I only subscribe to C@H.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Book Idea For Cuisine At Home by BarbaraS (Hey, not everyone ca...)
I agree, that is a brilliant idea! I would buy it for myself and every new bride and groom. So what is the egg centering tip?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Book Idea For Cuisine At Home by chef_Tab (I agree, that is a b...)
Well I just got this book about two months ago. (Sorry bad pic)

[Image: DSC02870.jpg]

It is titled the BEST 300+ COOKING tips
The subtitle the BEST TIPS and TECHNIQUES from the readers and Test Kitchen of Cuisine at Home

Centering Yolks in Hard-Cooked Eggs -- It's in there! On pg. 7

Quote:

For centered yolks in your hard-cooked eggs, try this. Twenty-four hours before boiling the eggs, wrap two rubber bands around the carton to hold it shut. Then rest the carton on its side in the refrigerator. When you boil the eggs, viola -- perfectly centered yolks!

Oh, and it looks like they have another book too.

[Image: book-200tips.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Book Idea For Cuisine At Home by luvnit (Well I just got this...)
I thought there used to be one like that. I don't have it, though.
  Re: Re: Book Idea For Cuisine At Home by HomeCulinarian (I thought there used...)
Well, I guess I won't ring Brian after all - they have come thru once again!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Book Idea For Cuisine At Home by cjs (Well, I guess I won'...)
well slap my butt and call me charlie
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Book Idea For Cuisine At Home by chef_Tab (well slap my butt an...)
Well, hello, Charlie - come here where I can reach you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Book Idea For Cuisine At Home by cjs (Well, hello, Charlie...)
Hey!! I've never seen those!! Where can I get a copy?

Barbara