Saturday's Dinner 4/17??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to?

We're going to the neighbors who have a wood burning oven for the first outdoor pizza party of the year. will take a couple hors.

Happy weekend everyone.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
From Cuisine For Two - the Marinated Chicken with fresh herb olive oil and roasted potatos.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? by BarbaraS (From Cuisine For Two...)
I think I'm just going to barbecue some chicken on the grill and add some corn on the cob and asparagus. It has been a GORGEOUS DAY! It got warmer than expected and the wind has cooperated better than expected. So back to the deck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? by Gourmet_Mom (I think I'm just goi...)
We had thick juicy burgers on the grill, and boy did they hit the spot. Some of the cole slaw leftover from last night was the side.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? by chef_Tab (We had thick juicy b...)
Demented supper here. I wasn't feeling well, so he made me chickenb soup with lots of garlic and fresh ginger (he thinks fresh ginger cures all stomach ailments). He had a bowl of oatmeal.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? by Lorraine (Demented supper here...)
AWWWWW, that is so sweet. I hope you feel better, Lorraine.
Daphne
  Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
Seafood Fest! We had clam chowder, scallops in bacon with maple syrup and BBQ sauce, and steamed lobster. We have a brand new Demoulas market in town and they had lobsters for $4.99. I got a 2 pounder for Picky and a smaller one for myself. Salad and fresh rolls to go with, and some beautiful fresh raspberries for dessert.

darn lobsters-my fridge was kinda full, what with all the shopping at the new store, so I just shoved the bag on the shelf the best I could. That big one was very active-when I opened the fridge an hour later, he kinda jumped out (fell out, really) at me. I forgot they were in there

I had no problem saying my goodbyes to him.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? by pjcooks (Seafood Fest! We ha...)
wow, how fun, PJ - except the attack by the giant lobster...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? by cjs (wow, how fun, PJ - e...)
Geez, PJ....I wish I'd been at your house...minus the surprise of the overly active lobster! I guess lobster races were out...LOL!

Under 5 for them was an enormous bonus! That'll never happen around here! Ah...to live in New England! (Remind me I said that next winter .)
Daphne