Ridiculously EZ appy
  Re: (...)
Brie en Crote with Peaches and Bacon
The "recipe" is so easy I'm almost embarrassed. I took a small wheel of Brie (right out of the fridge) and wrapped it in one of those Crescent Roll type doughs. Baked(according to directions on tube) in a non-stick sprayed pie dish @12 min. When it came out the Brie was just a little melty. Had to top it with drained canned peach slices, but will bake it with fresh when they finally hit the market. Sprinkle with crispy bacon and Voile!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Ridiculously EZ appy by farnfam (Brie en Crote with P...)
So, you press the dough where the perforations are for the rolls? Huh, I've done this a lot with puff pastry, but never the crescent rolls things. good idea. Man, the mind is just going in 10 different directions with all we can do with this - a peach salsa....oh my.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ridiculously EZ appy by cjs (So, you press the do...)
That sounds good, Cis! I have done something similar with the crescent rolls wrapped around gouda schmeared with Dijon before and that's really good. I'll have to make a note about this. We love peaches and Brie, especially OS.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ridiculously EZ appy by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds good, Ci...)
Yes, the crescent roll dough unrolled in two squares, so I used one for the top and one for the bottom and smoothed out the little perforation marks. I had two segments left over so I did them as crescent rolls for dipping. Good tip: Make sure cheese is just out of the fridge or it might get too runny.
A more wintery version of this is we saute spinach and mushrooms for the topping
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ridiculously EZ appy by farnfam (Yes, the crescent ro...)
Never thought of using crescent rolls. I've done Brie with cranberry apple chutney, walnuts and brown sugar with puff, though.

Good idea!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Ridiculously EZ appy by pjcooks (Never thought of usi...)
The peach idea is great. We've done it with the Peach/Jalapeno conserve I made last summer.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Ridiculously EZ appy by Lorraine (The peach idea is gr...)
I could go for this for breakfast this morning! I love the idea of the peaches with the bacon. Cis, are you saying if you had fresh peaches, you would bake them inside the dough with the brie or did I misunderstand?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Ridiculously EZ appy by chef_Tab (I could go for this ...)

This sounds great - I have used puff pastry but not the crescent rolls

peaches and fresh bacon sounds like a perfect topping.

Thanks

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Ridiculously EZ appy by mjkcooking ([br]This sounds grea...)
Well, we're going to Portland this weekend - lots going on, and I think I'll have to play with this at HouseBoat Don's.

I think I'll take a couple of the chutneys I made last summer and give it a go.

Another idea for this is the softer Parmesan Cheese I picked up at the Issaquah farmers mkt. a couple weeks ago. It's supposed to melt beautifully.....hmmmm Maybe do two or three smaller ones.....you've created a few monsters here, Cis! The Parmesan is shown here at the bottom of the page. We tasted a lot of their other cheeses and all were wonderful!

http://goldenglencreamery.com/index_files/Page391.htm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ridiculously EZ appy by cjs (Well, we're going to...)
Oh that sounds really good too, Jean. I have only tried it with Camebert or Brie. I'm going to start thinking of other cheeses. I guess the only sort of rule would be hard cheeses at room temp and soft ones refrigerated.
Theresa, I was thinking when I get fresh peaches, I'd bake them ontop of and around the biscuit wrapped cheese. I'd also thought of maybe a balsamic reduction drizzle on the peaches, but before or after baking??
OH and chutney is a great idea!!!
Cis
Empress for Life