Dinner, Thursday 4/22
  Re: (...)
I need ideas - what's everyone up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Thursday 4/22 by cjs (I need ideas - what'...)
We "lazied out" the other day - had an eggplant and zucchini pie from Schwans. Oh my it was soooooo good. A nice vegetarian dinner that we'll do again.

At any rate, tonight is going to be grilled salmon, a nice orzo or couscous salad with lots of tomato and cucumber.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 4/22 by Harborwitch (We "lazied out" the ...)
We're trying toempty the freezer, so he pulled two ribeyes yesterday. We could have them, or some IQF tuna steaks. I have lots of leftover rice,, and more baby bok choy, but I have no appetite, nothing sounds good. I'd be just as happy with toast. He even made me my favourite stuffed poblanos, but they just don't sit well.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 4/22 by Lorraine (We're trying toempty...)
Jean, no ideas from me today, we are dining out. It is somewhat a strange reason. Back when my kids were young, we lived in Virginia. We just found out one of the old neighbor friends of my daughter is at Penn State going to law school. (These kids are now 25 and have not seen eachother since 4th grade) WE are meeting him for dinner at a local micro-brewery. Small world.

Lorraine, I sure hope you feel better soon! You know it's bad when even your favorites don't tempt you.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 4/22 by chef_Tab (Jean, no ideas from ...)
What fun you'll have Theresa! Yup, Lorraine has to get back to her old self.

I'm thawing some salmon, so will have that with pasta and some kind of caper sauce. Hope I have some veggies that are still good....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 4/22 by cjs (What fun you'll have...)
We went out to the local tavern. I had a delicious Chicken Stack with oven-roasted tomatoes, sauteed spinach, and buffalo mozz. I think I'm going to try tweaking it at home. It was yummy!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 4/22 by karyn (We went out to the l...)
Tonight was the county spelling bee, and being one of the school coordinators, I felt I needed to go...We had one come in third!

Anyway, I didn't get home until after 8, so William grilled some burgers, and I picked up some chips. At least I'll have something for lunch tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday 4/22 by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight was the coun...)
I did a sausage bake with onions, peppers, tomato sauce and stuffing. Oh my talk about flavor. I did 3 spicy and 3 sweet sausages.